10 Things Midwestern Girls Need In Their Purse For Winter

10 Things All Midwestern Girls Need in Their Purse to Survive Winter

If you don't have this in your purse, what are you doing?

157

Midwest winters are brutal. Whether you are walking from class to class or from bar to bar, you need these 10 essential things in your purse to survive.

1. Chapstick

I mean duh, if you don't have this in your purse, are you even from the midwest?

2. Back up chapstick

Always have a backup. If someone takes your other one or heaven forbid you lose it, you need to have the back up in order to survive the rest of the day.

3. Portable charger

The cold temps cause phones to go into shock and die immediately. Always have a charger with you in case your phone succumbs to the weather.

4. Kleenex 

You go outside for 2 minutes and your nose starts running. Pack the Kleenex, you need it.

5. Aspirin 

You're gonna slip and fall on ice and your tailbone is going to hurt and you're going to want to take pain relievers stat.

6. Gloves

You're going to lose the pair of gloves you have on your hands because those things never stay on. Buy a pair of gloves from the dollar store and stash them in your bag.

7. Hand and feet warmers

These are essential for everyday life in the Midwest, thanks Mother Nature.

8. Starbucks gift card

With a Starbs on every corner, you need to have the funds to buy a warm latte.

9. Extra quarters

If you head downtown and want to park closer than a ramp, you need quarters to pay for street parking.

10. Lotion

Go to Bath and Bodyworks, buy the travel size lotion, and thank me later.

Be prepared for the Midwest winters by stocking up your purse with the essentials, and stay safe out there.