Midterm Season As Told By 'Parks And Recreation'

Because Pawnee Parks & Rec is no stranger to stress.

71
www.instagram.com/parksandrec

We all know the feeling – one minute you’re cruising through the first few weeks of the semester and everything seems to be going great, then, out of nowhere, BAM! It seems like all your professors are conspiring against you and scheduling all their exams, papers, assignments, and projects at once.

Now, you suddenly have 5 exams, 2 papers and 4 projects due within a span of two weeks. Stressed yet? Of course you are. Midterm season can almost be as bad as finals week because you have just as much work, sometimes even more, to worry about.

When I’m stressed to the max and overloaded with studying and assignments, I like to reward myself with short episodes of my favorite funny TV shows – one of them being Parks and Recreation. Watching Leslie Knope accomplish a month’s worth of work in one all-nighter is quite inspirational to the overwhelmed student. This is midterm season as told by the cast of Parks and Recreation.

1. Exams. On top of exams. On top of exams.

2. Looking through your syllabi and seeing everything that's due.

3. Everyone on campus is simultaneously suffering.

4. Sleep is very limited.

5. Giving yourself pep talks.

6. Knowing that even after you get all of these midterms over with, you still have half a semester left.

7. Stress eating.

8. Deliriousness is a side effect of trying to juggle a million things at once.

9. When someone tells you they "really don't have any midterms" this semester.

10. Procrastination. Is. Real.

11. You have no time for people's nonsense.

12. When you finally finish your last midterm, and have a *small* break from the madness.