8 Reasons I, A Late 90’s Kid, Am So Thankful NOT To Be A Middle Schooler In 2020

8 Reasons I, A Late 90’s Kid, Am So Thankful NOT To Be A Middle Schooler In 2019

2003 is where it’s at.

85544
Annabelle Farrow

Watching middle schoolers in 2019 makes me so thankful I grew up in a time without Instagram and Tik Tok. I enjoyed my ugly, awkward, and braces filled middle school years.

1. No Instagram 

Gmail buzz was the biggest of my worries. I would come home and listen to 107.5 The River on my radio while taking selfies on photo booth (that never left my computer). I am so thankful I didn’t have to deal with posting selfies and looking up to Instagram models.

2. I was allowed to be ugly

I have not seen an ugly middle schooler in 2019. We all have our bad middle school photos full of peace signs and leggings under skirts. I’m thankful I have those photos to look back and laugh at.

3. Designer clothes weren’t a thing

Gucci belt? More like Justice monkey tee.

4. Disney Channel

I mean, what else is there to say.

5. Jeans and dresses were cool

Jeans and dresses were bomb.com. The easiest and most versatile outfit for any occasion. Paired with clips and a hair wrap.

6. Flip phones with keyboards

Verizon Envy. Pantech Impact. Razor. Chocolate. iPhones have nothing on the sound of clicking as you and your friends sit on the couch and talk about cute boys.

7. Platform flip flops instead of wedges

Juicy platform wedges with a bow. Absolutely stunning. Paired well with gauchos and a skin-tight tee. Easily the hottest outfit. Thank goodness we didn't have to break our ankles in flat form wedges.

8. After school we played outside

Coming home to play outside was literally the most fun. I’d pick a trampoline over making Tik Toks inside any day.