What Would Happen If Microsoft And Sony Merged?

The video game super company.

1133
Christian Petersen

What if Microsoft and Sony combined their flagship gaming consoles, the Xbox and the Playstation respectively? What if Microsoft and Sony merged their companies into one mega company? Why wouldn’t they? Just imagine the payoff. Microsoft makes computers and most of what goes into them. Besides televisions and the Playstation, what else does Sony make? I’m sure they have other products, but look at it this way. Microsoft and Sony make similar products which they compete against each other with. Why not put their minds together and make the best of both worlds on one product? My topic today is mainly focused on the idea of Microsoft and Sony merging to create the best gaming console ever. Because that’s what I know them best for, video games.

Personally, it would be a fantastic idea. Microsoft makes so much as it is, they don’t need the Xbox or anything that goes with it, but they have kept it anyways. As far as I know, Sony needs the Playstation. Now, imagine these two companies together. MicroSony? SonySoft? They would need to come together as a team for the whole naming of the company, but I think it could work out. First and most importantly, no one would get fired. Just merge the two existing companies and have them as a collective select who they feel should be in charge of this masterpiece. Next, they can decide as to either keep Xbox and Playstation separate. I am hoping for them to combine the two consoles so that everyone can experience power and imagination have a baby that would be the result of the entirety of Microsoft and Sony making a gaming console together. The gaming console could be X-Station? Play-Box? Maybe add Unity after one of those two ideas to give it a good feel. Allow the players to decide what controller they would prefer or even craft a new masterpiece that will no doubt blow everyone away with how great it feels and how well it works. Also make it compatible with all the previous Xbox and Playstation games. Since everyone will be buying the same console, they don’t need to hike up its price. It could go for about $300 or less. But no higher than $350. Don’t charge us $20 for a Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 game. If it’s from Xbox One or Playstation 4, the games should cost about $30. Anything that comes from the previous generations should be $10, $5, or free.

That sounds amazing right? It will depend on how Microsoft and Sony handle being combined into one company. It will only make their products stronger and the player base will increase. The next factor is the actual players, the consumers. They need to understand that change will happen. It always does. Xbox and Playstation diehard fans should get along. At the end of the day, if they want something great, then they will get along. Let’s face it, Xbox has some issues that Playstation doesn’t. And Playstation has some issues that Xbox doesn’t. Combine those two together and those issues disappear. Prices could easily lower because there isn’t a competition anymore. If the prices don’t lower then this new super company is making a huge mistake. The prices need to be reduced at least by $20 for everything. They will still make an immense profit because all of the money is going to them. Like I said before, no one should get fired or released. This new super company will need all hands on deck. Parents won’t be trying to figure out what console their kids want and PC will have a true competitor in a sense. PC, Playstation, and Xbox were never in a true, official competition. Only Xbox and Playstation were in the competition. PC has their own thing and they are doing just fine. Even if this new super console happens, they won’t compete with PC because they don’t need to. PC will get the same games as the new super console. That’s why PC and the other consoles never complained. To each their own. The new super console will achieve more than Xbox and Playstation ever did separately.

Looking at the bigger picture of this, the whole idea of merging Microsoft and Sony is a very sound concept. It will only increase their profit and give them more tools to be way more efficient and produce more efficient products. So why has this not happened yet? I don’t know. All we can do is ask. Maybe it’s in the works and one party doesn’t want to follow through. Only time will tell. But if you know someone who does work or you work for one of these companies throw this idea out to your superiors. The worst thing they can say is no. This is my take on how effective a Microsoft and Sony merge would be for video games in general.