Michelle Wolf Is My Hero And Comedy Isn't The End Of The World

To those who are offended by her jokes.

120
Youtube

As humans we need performance and to play. No one knows why we need this because technically it has nothing to do with survival, but ever since the beginning of time, we've had some sort of performance. Whether it is telling stories by a fire, watching a sports game, seeing a play, or watching a comedy bit, we thrive off of some sort of performance. We need to play.

I love watching stand up comedy. Something about making others laugh and laughing is amazing to me. I love all kinds of performance (plays, musicals, concerts). Sports aren't my favorite, but I do have to admit the energy that the crowd has at a football game is contagious. But comedy has been close to me forever.

In my everyday life, I try and make others laugh. I try and be quick and witty or use self-deprecation to make my friends laugh. Something about it is super fun and rewarding. Yes, some comedy can be used to hurt others like roasts, but that's not all comedy. Honestly, roasts are hilarious, it's just some people get their feelings hurt because they don't understand it's only a joke and not a real attack.

Michelle Wolf roasted everyone at the White House Correspondents Dinner. She flamed the whole room, and it was wonderful. She is a comedy hero of mine, and I watched a few of her things before she performed at the dinner. Yes, some of her jokes went pretty far, but that is her style of comedy.

The WHCA should have done research on the comedian they hired beforehand. Now they have thrown her under the bus because a few people got their feelings hurt. I heard some nonsense about stopping comedy because it is too mean, but they can't stop free speech. Michelle used every part of the first amendment in her performance, and isn't that what the whole dinner is about?

Yes she said some harsh things in her jokes, but they are just jokes. People need to get over this and stop being so dramatic. They just want to play the victims and be childish. To those people I say please stop. You're fine. We can see through you're self victimizing bullshit. Michelle just told some jokes about you, and it isn't the end of the world. It's just comedy.