10 Michael Scott Quotes That Don't Get Enough Credit

“Well, well, well; how the turntables.”
413

I spend most of my life quoting my favorite TV shows in everyday conversation. My favorite show of all time is The Office. In the past two years, this show has been my escape and saving grace from depression. It is so witty, goofy, and lighthearted, just the tools I need to survive this college madness. Here are some of my favorite quotes said by the king himself, Michael Scott

1. “That's what she said.”

I know this is so silly and can be immature but the way Michael Scott says it makes it all ok. Throughout the entire show, Michael finds the perfect times to sneak one of these in while speaking with his coworkers.

2. “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.”

I just love the way this man thinks. I see myself in him sometimes, to be honest, and I strive to be as confident as him. Does anyone else have this much of an obsession with a television character or is it just me?

3. “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.”

I am not going to discuss the context of where this quote came from because I do not want to spoil the show for anyone who hasn’t seen it but I just want it to be known that I say this quote at least once a week. Michael is so innocent and you can really see that when he tells the cameras this in a particular episode.

4. “Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.”

I bet those of you who have not seen this show in its entirety are wondering, “How can a grown man be so dumb?” Eh, I wouldn’t call him dumb, I’d call him simple-minded. I appreciate this man too much to call him dumb!

5. “Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.”

I don’t think there is a quote that I can relate to more than this one. Here, Michael is explaining that he pretty much wings everything that comes his way and just hopes that it all works out in the end. I do this all of the time and things actually end up working out better than expected!

6. “I tried to talk to Toby and be his friend, but that is like trying to be friends with an evil snail.”

In the show, Michael Scott absolutely hates another character, Toby, who works in Human Resources. We do not know exactly why Michael feels this way about Toby but it is just so funny to me how Michael thinks of these insults on the spot. His relationship with Toby is a playful, yet offending bond they share with one another, and fans like myself love it.

7. “You know what they say, ‘fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice… strike three.’”

Hearing Michael Scott say this in the TV show gets me every time. This is so funny to me because of how serious he is and that he means it. He speaks so confidently and the fact that he makes mistakes in his speech makes it even funnier!

8. “Just tell him to call me ASAP as possible.”

Once again, Michael does not realize he says phrases incorrectly 99% of the time which makes my day better. He is so oblivious and if you’re wondering, yes I do say this regularly to everyone I know.

9. “Well, well, well; how the turntables.”

This one is probably one of the most iconic Michael Scott quotes of all time. If you do not get the joke, what he is trying to say is “Well, well well. How the table have turned.” He is one big goof!

10. “It's a pimple, Phyllis. Avril Lavigne gets them all the time and she rocks harder than anyone alive.”

In this episode where this quote is found, Michael Scott gets a cold sore and feels self-conscious with it. He covers it on his face with a band-aid and the office questions him about it. I think this is so comical because he comes up with the greatest comebacks when you never expect it and this is definitely one of my favorites.

If you haven’t, I hope this article inspires you to watch The Office. I highly recommend it if you’re looking to laugh a lot. This type of comedy is right up my alley!