Michael Phelps The Gold Medalist

Michael Phelps The Gold Medalist

Olympian at the Summer 2016 in Rio

10
Michael Phelps The Gold Medalist
Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps has completed his last Olympics in Rio and won his 22nd medal overall! He is only 31 years old - he celebrated his birthday before he made it into the Summer Olympics. He had won many medals at previous Olympics. In this Summer's Olympics, he won in the Men's 200m Butterfly and the 200m Individual Medley. At age 15, Phelps finished in fifth place in the 200m Butterfly at Sydney in 2000. If he was a little bit faster he would have the chance to place but he said that was a great accomplishment when he was young. He had won five world titles back in Athens in 2004 which he competed in eight events. Now in this Summer's Olympics, he has been the fastest swimmer ever which is so amazing. People have said they want to be like Michael Phelps someday and swim. After the last Olympics in London, which was four years ago, he was doing bad things like drugs and such but he started shaping up and stayed positive through it. He has some swimmers and other people looking up to him as an idol. I also look up to Michael Phelps now because he is an amazing swimmer and has some positive attributes as well. He has changed so much since 2012 with a son and has a fiance which is a great change for Michael. It was his last Olympics he said but maybe he will be back in four years. After the Olympics are over, when he comes back to the USA, he will be spending time with his son Boomer and his fiance Nicole Johnson. He is engaged to Nicole Johnson - while preparing for his last swim in the Olympics, Boomer caught his eye. When Michael took off his white tennis shoes, one could see that he wore the footprint of his son on his own left foot. He started getting emotional and he said that I am done - Phelps had turned away since the last Olympics that he was doing. Michael Phelps has some great things happening in the future which his dreams will come true when he is back in the USA. Everyone is so proud of him because he has worked hard at his goals and made the best of it. His teammates on the swim team in Rio from the USA were all supportive and want him to come back but are not sure if he will. He is so supportive in what he wants to be a part of and wants to cheer everyone else on as well. I hope there will be someone in the next summer Olympics like Michael Phelps, and there will be. There is a female swimmer that is only 19 years old named Katie Ledecky that has won so many gold medals at this Olympics that maybe the next Michael Phelps, but who knows.