10 Budget-Friendly Activities If You're Going To Miami

10 Budget-Friendly Activities If You're Going To Miami This Summer

Summer is right around the corner and the excitement of having zero responsibilities for the next couple of months is increasing as the days pass by.

34
https://goop.com/travel/escapes/three-escapes-to-t...
Goop

You make endless amounts of plans, excited to visit all your favorite locations back home with your high school friends. The summer is yours to do whatever you please until you realize that you are still a broke college student and all the desires of going out and doing what you want quickly get shut down.

If you live in big cities like Miami, New York, or California, doing something simple can quickly turn into an expensive activity without you even trying. That doesn't mean you have to stay at home bored all of summer, though!

Here are 10 budget-friendly activities for the broke college kid visiting Miami.

Go to the beach.

Miami has miles and miles of sandy beaches. Around this time, the beaches are not as packed as they would be during March and April, due to spring break, making them the perfect place to go and relax. The weather is perfect to take a dive into the Atlantic, and the sun is shining till late hours.

Explore Everglades National Park.

Get in touch with mother nature and visit the Everglades. The Everglades has an entrance fee of $25 per car and is good for seven days.

Stroll around Lincoln Road.

Lincoln Road is filled with restaurants, stores, musicians, and more. It is located in South Beach and it is the perfect spot to have a chill day or night with friends and family. Enjoy the live music along the street and maybe grab some ice cream.

Visit Little Havana.

Get a little taste of the Cuban culture in Little Havana. Experience authentic art, food, music, domino games, and shopping. Stop and pick up a Cuban cigar while you continue to stroll down Calle Ocho, getting the real Cuban experience.

Explore the art at the Wynwood Walls.

Wynwood is Miami's art district. Have a little photoshoot with friends by the Wynwood walls.

Live music at Bayside Marketplace.

Right next to the home of the Miami Heat, Bayside has waterfront bars and restaurants, shopping and live music playing every night.

Take a bicycle ride.

Miami is filled with amazing pathways for one to ride around. Hialeah's Amelia Earhart Park and Miami Beach's Rickenbacker Causeway are some of the many trails you can ride around.

Work on your summer body.

Throughout the summer, Miami offers many outdoor fitness classes like yoga and pilates. The City of Miami Parks and Recreational Department also offers free fitness classes on the beach.

Going to Happy Hour.

If you have ever been to Miami, then you know just how expensive drinks can be. That is why it is best to hit up Happy Hour with a couple of friends, enjoy the music, save a couple of bucks and get ready for the night.

Sneak into a hotel's pool.

Some hotels open up their private pools for the public on the weekend for free. The Confidante is one of those hotels that allows for non-hotel guest to come and enjoy the hot summer day.