A Message to Everyone Who Is Turning A Year Older

It seems that after 18 the years just keep coming faster and suddenly, we’re dreading becoming a year older.

1128
Sincerely Jules

It seems that like we can’t wait for 18 to come. It was a moment that marked independence for many of us. And yet, it seemed that after 18 the years just keep coming faster and suddenly, we’re dreading becoming a year older.

I know I certainly felt that way for a while. Not gonna lie, sometimes I still feel it. It is daunting to realize just how fast time passes. However, if there’s one thing I have learned with getting older, it is that it does no good to dwell on that. See, growing is an opportunity. Physical growth is a given yes, but I’m talking about spiritual growth. I always talk about how each year has been a life lesson with a variety of teachings learnt in-between and it really makes you change the way you view the world and the people you interact with on the daily.

A year ago, I still had people in my life that I cannot see today. A year ago, I was still so caught up in what other people might say or think about my life choices. A year ago, I did not have the confidence or independence with which I carry myself today. All this would not be possible if I had not lived and gone through the situations and experiences that taught me to cherish the people around me, to cherish life itself, and above all, learn to accept that while some may act like time is of the essence, it doesn’t mean we have to believe it. Sure, there are things that are time pending, but life, time, and age shouldn’t make us unnecessarily anxious or scared to turn another year older. Instead, we must look at it as another opportunity to do the things we have always wanted to do.