How To Handle Life: Exploring The Roles Of Meryl

"Integrate what you believe in every single area of your life. Take your heart to work and ask the most and best of everybody else, too." –Meryl Streep

198
YouTube

Meryl Streep is considered one of the most successful actresses of all time. Being ranked one of the most iconic actresses in Hollywood, with 20 Oscar-nominations. Not only is she just hard-working, nonetheless, passionate about bringing out the meaning of each part she recreates for cinematic history.

Have you ever dreamed of becoming the person who inspires? Where everyone on campus, or, in general, comes to you for almost anything with nothing holding them back, but your opinion mattering the most? It doesn’t get any sweeter than you being the walking-guide to the ignored, beaten, silent, relative struggles to those dreadfully assigned due dates– or those last-minute advice in which you are found to be showing less effort and effectively much quicker in dealing with your problems.

For starters, people will always have problems.

So, why not explore one of the people who has experienced sincere faults and doubts in the most diverse roles of life?

We all have our doubts, our fear out of our ego. Of course, it's never right not to speak them. A person who goes all-in for the purposes of being an active player in life. In other words, it is never wrong to test your abilities and weaknesses by taking risks, while playing fair in order to get what you want. Remarkably, Streep even had doubts about playing the role for her movie, Doubt.

According to CNN, Streep did not think it would become a movie based on the lack of children in the play prior to shooting the film. She then responded, "It was hard to imagine how or why you would make a movie out of it."

This is where I say good for you, Streep.

Meryl was only telling her honest doubts of participating in the film while making a great point. I don't know if you've seen Doubt, but you may want to check that out. Streep is absolutely right about children's importance in life as well as in the plot: "The children are the landscape, they are the lambs of the movie, and they are the stakes. They are why everybody is passionate."

Oh, the wondrous doors in which passion opens in this world. We are all programmed with our own passions. They are inevitably uncontrollable, especially when one adheres to them for their entire life. Most of our passions are tied to our desires, such as to lead, to learn, to teach, or be convincing as well as taken seriously.

Often, at times, these passions are pursued through the fine acts of bravery.

It is out-of-the-question that a passionately determined person will either receive praise or shame. It takes serious guts to not show humiliation from those haters. Soon, after you are done crying more about how every person humiliated you when you showed up late to that overly-populated seminar, you will start to realise that your choices reflect how people perceive you. And people will usually perceive you with regards to the way you present yourself. Keep in mind that it is those people that want you to be humiliated by means of showing it.

Only to prevent showing your weaknesses to those who do not even share the slightest place in your hard life's bumpy road to success is to remember:

People Will Always Want What You're Proud Of

It is your job to always acknowledge your worth in only positive ways, and stick to it. You do not need to feel the artificial urge to please someone, nor do you need to stoop down to the uneven levels of our surfaces scattered in significantly large amounts. It is because you stuck to your goals causing the effect of more attention and gossip being drawn to you.

Keep in mind that this is where judgment and criticism come to play. The more you flaunt it, make sure you hold on to it, as these people will only dread and spread to rob you of your positive attributes.

It's Okay to Have 'Attitude'

Basically, think with your guts. In corporate culture, all our recollected fears of gaining success should not trick us into doing what is best for us.

And I think we all know how corporate culture works now: living in silence, ongoing violence, rushed conclusions, and blindly adhering to all its limits or requirements. Let's appreciate how advanced we as humans have become through the strengths and weaknesses throughout history. Rather, stop fearing of stepping into the wrong footsteps that the society says we must walk on.

Moreover, the competition only gets higher–even worse, when you keep hiding from your fears.

The misconceptions on Meryl are that she is overrated, so guess what? She does not care. I know for a fact that I don’t care either because I already know what I am passionate about: all of her movie performances.

If it weren’t for her hard work in all those accents she perfectly mocks, through pedaling to NYC from hometown New Jersey trying to make that part or just having a meaningful conversation on her patio swing with Cher, I don’t think her versatility can handle you.

Ah, this movie scene is so iconic to me. When ambitious Meryl takes on the role of Karen Silkwood. Karen became concerned about safety procedures at the nuclear facility she was working at.

Cher, being present in Silkwood as well, supported Karen by loving her and acknowledging her true bravery. In return, she began raising awareness of the violations that could put all the workers at risk of her plan on pursuing her investigation. Karen later discovered a suspicious development: that her and the other workers have been exposed to high levels of radiation.

Make sure you "get your head on straight" (get it, ha?) before you blatantly decide on finishing your workload all in one night.

When those finals hit you faster than you can fall down a flight of stairs, you really wish you were immortal. However, you're not. We are humans, and we are all susceptible to losing our minds– literally.

It’s late, the same thing you keep telling yourself is what you have to do instead of how you will accomplish it. And that is– only the easiest part.

Let’s face it. You haven’t even started that 10-page paper due tomorrow or finished those emails at the office. You’re still in bed– that’s that. Or, you’re out with your friends, complaining about what you have to do while you’re simultaneously losing to beer pong, or if you’re like me, you just simply cannot say your goodbye’s to anyone or the other tabs on your computer. If not, hey, I know something else is distracting you.

We're Not Going to Be Young Forever

And there is– my friend, no potion to change that. So, before you look at yourself in the mirror, why don't you ignore all of those other fractured mirrors many had dropped for you to try so hard to fix.

We have this inclination to focus on the collective obsessions of others' appearances. That being said, you cannot constantly monitor your appearance as well as be simultaneously engaged with the world. There is a mirror between the world and each individual. This mirror, unfortunately, travels with us everywhere and shows how many of us cannot seem to put the mirror’s down.

Still...

Wisdom, of course, comes of age. Wisdom comes from all of your battles in which you've fought for yourself. Wisdom is our experiences. Wisdom comes from our drives. And, wisdom is each silver hair that you try to tweak out.

Keep in mind that nobody is going to notice anyway, so why not be proud of yourself?

You will learn that you can really apply yourself in this world if you stick to your talents, and say goodbye to that ignorant, societal, corporate monkey "hooplah" telling your mind what is best for you.

In the end, you will learn that all of that hard work will only make you wiser– as well as more confident in yourself.

And, sweetie, you will become anything you set your ambitions to.

Humanity does exist.