Mental health breaks are important

Mental Health Breaks Are Absolutely Necessary

Seriously, it’s totally okay to take them.

12
Brittany Creech

I'm not even going to get into the stigma around mental health and why that needs to be... not a thing anymore. We all know that, and that's a can of worms for another time. I can get into that later.

What I want to say right now is strict that it's okay to take time for yourself. It's okay to take a step back from, well, basically everything, and get your mental health in check, or on the right track.

This isn't always accepted and sometimes it's frowned upon because I guess people don't realize the seriousness of the concept, but it's absolutely necessary.

If you need to take a day off of work, or off school, or just stay in instead of going out with friends, it's okay. If you wanna take some alone time and go for a drive somewhere, it's okay. It's so important to take time for yourself.

Sometimes really all it takes is a little break, and things just click into place. It's just like a little chance to catch your breath again.

There's nothing wrong with taking time for yourself. First of all, it is not at all selfish. Second of all, it's not stupid. Third of all, it's good! It is absolutely a good thing.

I feel like at this point I'm just quite literally rambling about the same point over and over and over again, but it is just truly so important and I don't think enough people realize it. Or they think it's okay and a good thing, but don't realize that THEY might be someone who needs to do it. It's just all so stigmatized and to be completely honest about it, that sucks so much.

I think the biggest reason why I personally get caught up and don't take more mental health breaks, is because I usually justify that by saying people have it worse. Of course, other people have it worse.

Of course, there are other problems going on, whether that's with me or with them.

But that doesn't make my problem any less valid. Mental health is absolutely important and just simply not something that should even be compared to anything else. It just is it's own thing and it's not relevant in comparing.

Take time for yourself. Take mental health breaks. It's healthy. You won't ever regret it.