Thank You For Showing Me How To Be Treated
Parents

Thank You To The Men In My Life For Showing Me How I Deserve To Be Treated

You all have different relationships, but the one thing you have in common is that you showed me how I deserve to be treated by a man.

495
Personal Photo

I've been very blessed to be able to grow up with a dad, a brother, two grandfathers, six uncles, and six boy cousins. Throughout my life they have always been there for me. Sometimes it's hard to see them because of physical distance, but no matter what, they know that no distance can diminish our relationship.

All of these men in my life know just how important their role is in my life. They also know that a large part of their role includes leading by example. Throughout my life they have been a role model for me in many different ways. However, the most impactful and valuable lesson I've learned from them was how I deserve to be treated.

They each have their own, unique relationships. Whether they are married, dating someone, or are just good friends with a woman, they all treat with respect. They know how important it is to respect a woman and her thoughts, opinions, etc. They know that in order to build up any time of relationship their needs to be trust and honesty. Not only are they honest and trust the women in their lives but they expect the same from those women in return. They know that a relationship needs a solid foundation and that requires mutual efforts.

These men have showed me that I shouldn't settle for someone who spoils me with materialistic items, but rather someone who displays their love and affection for you. Someone who cherishes spending times with you. I've learned from them that a true gentleman will do the things he does for you, not because you have asked him or he wants to impress you, but because he wants to and because he cares deeply for you.

My dad, especially, has shown me how I should be treated by my future husband one day. He's shown me how a husband should always be there for his wife even when disputes (small or large) may occur. He's shown me how a husband should be the biggest supporter for his wife no matter what. He's also shown me that when a husband also becomes a father, his heart should continue to grow and give the same amount of love, if not more, to his children. My dad has shown me that how he treats women is a key indicator of his character.

The men in my life have shown me that I deserve to be treated by a man in a way that will change my life (in a good way) forever.