Memorable Moments In the Life Of A Dyslexic

Things a dyslexic could truly understand

56
standard.net

I was in the second grade when my teacher asked my mother to check if I had any learning disabilities, based off my performance. It was not much longer after that when I was diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. Now, I honestly never paid mind to it, since I don't remember anyone telling me what it meant to have that.

The positive side is that I went through various funny moments throughout life (mostly high school) that I am willing to share with the world at the expense of my own embarrassment. But also, more importantly, that you, my dear readers, could potentially relate or at least have a better understanding of living with Dyslexia straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

*sees a joke on the internet* "My Doctor gave me a prescription for Dyslexia but my girlfriend swears it says Dyslexia." Ok, lol someone totally miswrote this and ruined the joke. How dumb. This should be so different, and like, I've heard this joke before, even, I think everyone should.

*realizes* It said sex daily.......I hate this.

Someone : Try spelling super
Me : Oh, that's so easy. S-U-P-E-R
Someone : Okay now try management
Me : M-management?.....let me think......*internally*

Someone: Are you okay?

Me : *reads actors names for The Hangover* Zach Ga.....Gale....Galick-phin--You know what. No.

Friend : Okay, now turn right
Me : *Turns left*
Friend: No, no, right. Right. RIGHT!
Me : I AM turning right!
Friend: No! Your OTHER right!
Me : ...

*looks at a highlighter* Hitler???????? *rereads* oh, wait no, it's cool.

Me : *in the middle of a conversation* And I was just thinking that it's messed up how he can -- ooooh my gosh look at that dress. I want it, I don't even wear dresses but its too good-- hah so anyway, what were we talking about? Cuuus that place reminds me of this one time....

Teacher : Sabrina, you read out loud now for the class.
Me :

Teacher : Then what would the integral of xln(x) be?
Me: Psh, that's easy. Obviously it's (ln(x)*x^2)/2 + (x^2)/4 +C

Someone : Hey, whats 24 + 72 equal to?
Me : ......uh......
Me : *internally*

Someone : .......hello?

Me : *At Store*
Package : 150 ct/un
Me :

As you can see from the life experiences I have shared, living with these disabilities can be a laugh. At least for everyone else, and hopefully for everyone who's also had these or similar experiences. We know what it's like first hand, and it makes us more unique and ultimately better off, as long as we keep working to make ourselves better.