Memorable KAA Moments

Memorable KAA Moments

"Can I get a KAA?!"

99
Memorable KAA Moments
Devonna Crocker

The first time I went to Kids Across America (KAA) was back in the summer of 2013 then I went the following summer. They have three different camps: K1, K2, and K3, which is better known as K-Krunk. I was in K3 both years and had such an amazing experience. You get to meet new people from different states and you get to have fun while you learn about God.

1. Treetops

The main thing about this is you can sign up and you can go through the DO's and DON'T's but once you start it, you HAVE to finish it.

2. FOB (Flat On Back)/Free Time

Hands down, it's probably the best times of the day. For FOB, you don't have to go to sleep but after a long day, you might want to consider it. You'll need it as a recharge for the rest of the day.

3. Cross Talk

It can be an emotional time because you're literally watching an amazing reenactment of when Jesus went to Calvary. It's very moving and people have the option to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior when it's over.

4. Parties Are LIT

Any type of party that it thrown is 50 Shades of LIT. Seriously.

5. Boys Versus Girls

Since we don't wear shoes in the gym, the shoe race is probably one of the craziest things ever but it's definitely one of the most fun.

6. Purity Line

Boys and girls sit on the opposite sides of the gym to keep to purity line pure.

7. Chants & Cheers

"Our side crunker than crunker than your side!" Your voice might be shot by the end of the week, probably even the end of the day, because of all the cheers. When you eat, you must eat it all or risk getting lowkey embarrassed because someone is going to break out with the "take all you want and eat all you take" chant. Note: if you start with small portions, you should be fine. Don't let your eyes be bigger than your stomach.

8. Signing the Banner

This was a good feeling. Signing the banner requires you to be able to tell The Gospel to one of the amazing staff members, who we'll talk more about in #15.

9. Hills Are No Joke

By the time you leave, you probably would've done a full workout after participating in your skills and walking up those inclines/hills. If nothing else, your calf muscles will be on FLEEK. Or at least, starting to look/feel that way.

10. Championship Locker

Technically, the locker is your cabin so your whole cabin spends time trying to come up with different ways to decorate your cabin. This includes making sure everything is in its place: beds made, luggage is smallest to largest from left to right.

11. Daddy Long Legs & Other Bugs

Personally, I don't like spiders. At all. I think I can deal with the other bugs but there are literally Daddy Long Legs everywhere.

12. Cabin Repping

Each cabin has their own hand sign and name. They're pretty dope because it's not just the normal way. Instead of one, two, three, we have ace, deuce, tre. The rest of them are deuce deuce (4), tre deuce (5), tre tre (6), four tre (7), ocho (8), trip tre (9), and ace oh (10).

13. Table Challenges

At any point in time in the cafeteria, a table can start a cheer and it goes in the direction they choose. If the table isn't hype or ready, there's a chance you get booed. You'll have a chance to redeem yourself, don't worry.

Two people sit down at the table and they play this hand game. I guess you could compare it to playing Ms. Mary Mack but it's you and the table vs. another person. Two people at the table can do something random like standing up, holding their cup over their head with a fork in their mouth. The last person to stand is the scraper and has to scrape everyone's plate at the table.

14. Long Bus Ride

From Louisville, KY to Branson, MO, that was definitely the perfect time to sleep. The trip was about probably about 9 hours if you count bathroom breaks and food.

15. Amazing Staff

The staff at KAA is amazing. Literally everyone from the director to the camp counselors and everyone in between. They really love the Lord and want to help us obtain growth while we're there.