melania trump dont care jacket
Start writing a post

I really Do Care, Don't 'U'?

Let's show them how much we care.

I really Do Care, Don't 'U'?

"There are a lot of illegal immigrants living on my street. Some are living in basements and I want them out of here. I called the police, but they told me to call legal services. This is a law office, right? Can you do something for me?"

"Umm, I'm going to transfer you over to an attorney, give me a second."

I transferred this angry man over to an attorney, where the attorney proceeded to tell him, "Sir, we help illegal immigrants become legal, we don't deport them."

He got so angry, cursed at the attorney and hung up the phone. I asked, "People like this actually exist? They go out of their way to do this? Why?"

"Trump's our president, these people are at an all-time high They've been given permission to do these things without being condemned. Welcome to America."

Children are being separated from their families. And, well, our First Lady clearly has her opinions about that.

But if you care for just a bit, you can actually help these immigrant children that're separated from their parents. I have two major recommendations for you.

1. You can donate to The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES). This nonprofit works to pay the necessary fund. To release parents from detention and reunite them with their children.

2. For anyone who lives in New Jersey, you're lucky to have Gov. Murphy who has refused to provide any state resources from being used to help federal authorities separate families. On top of that, you can look at your zip code into the ACLU's website, call the number and say: Hi, my name is [YOUR NAME] and my zip code is [YOUR ZIP]. I'm urging the Senator to denounce Trump's family separation policy and use all of Congress' authority to stop it.

And worst comes to worst, at least you tried. At least you tried to do something to help. So, I beg of you, don't let Trump's America define us. Call, donate, go to a protest, do what you have to do. But, I beg of you, do something.

Report this Content
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.

7 Fun Facts About The Eiffel Tower

The iconic landmark is reinventing itself with a splashy new color.

Eiffel Tower

Soon, the 2024 Summer Olympics are coming to Paris, and the Eiffel Tower will be in the spotlight.

Embedded so much into Paris's identity, the iconic landmark is no stranger to historic events and world-class gatherings over the years. It is sure to shine again.

Keep Reading... Show less

Blue Skies Weren't Always Blue

You don't just start as the person you are meant to be; there is a journey full of ups and downs that mold a person, so this is my journey.

Blue Skies Weren't Always Blue

Overall I'd love to say I grew up a happy overly enthusiastic child that was taught to love herself and be loved by everyone else, but I can't say that and I never will. My smile wasn't always as bright as it is today, but this is the story behind my smile, the story about how I got here to the happiest place I'll ever be. I'll begin at freshman year of high school.

Keep Reading... Show less

The Heart Wants what the Heart Wants

Just remember sometimes it is gonna hurt, whether we want it to or not!

The Heart Wants what the Heart Wants
Where to start...... Let me start with the cliche that life throws us curveballs and what we do with it is what counts.

One day he walked into my life. UNEXPECTED! And one day he walked out!

Keep Reading... Show less
Content Inspiration

Top 3 Response Articles of This Week

See which conversations rose to the top on Odyssey this week!


New response writers means exciting new conversations on Odyssey! We're proud to spotlight our talented creators and the topics that matter most to them. Here are the top three response articles of last week:

Keep Reading... Show less

Heart on a Wet Sleeve

No one prepares you for the honeymoon phase wearing off

Heart on a Wet Sleeve

Let's start off with the simple fact that God made everyone differently. That statement could not be more evident. We try to embrace our differences and set ourselves apart from the rest of the world. What that doesn't prepare us for is when we yearn for a characteristic of someone else. For example, have you ever met someone who can experience this great heart ache and hardly shed a tear? This person just had their heart ripped out and they find a way to carry themselves through it with great composure. Well, not all of us have that desirable trait. Some of us wear our hearts on our wet sleeves. When a person has their heart on their sleeve, it can be viewed as a good thing, that the individual isn't shallow. However,

Keep Reading... Show less

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Facebook Comments