melania trump dont care jacket
Politics

I really Do Care, Don't 'U'?

Let's show them how much we care.

228
I really Do Care, Don't 'U'?

"There are a lot of illegal immigrants living on my street. Some are living in basements and I want them out of here. I called the police, but they told me to call legal services. This is a law office, right? Can you do something for me?"

"Umm, I'm going to transfer you over to an attorney, give me a second."

I transferred this angry man over to an attorney, where the attorney proceeded to tell him, "Sir, we help illegal immigrants become legal, we don't deport them."

He got so angry, cursed at the attorney and hung up the phone. I asked, "People like this actually exist? They go out of their way to do this? Why?"

"Trump's our president, these people are at an all-time high They've been given permission to do these things without being condemned. Welcome to America."

Children are being separated from their families. And, well, our First Lady clearly has her opinions about that.

But if you care for just a bit, you can actually help these immigrant children that're separated from their parents. I have two major recommendations for you.

1. You can donate to The Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services (RAICES). This nonprofit works to pay the necessary fund. To release parents from detention and reunite them with their children.

2. For anyone who lives in New Jersey, you're lucky to have Gov. Murphy who has refused to provide any state resources from being used to help federal authorities separate families. On top of that, you can look at your zip code into the ACLU's website, call the number and say: Hi, my name is [YOUR NAME] and my zip code is [YOUR ZIP]. I'm urging the Senator to denounce Trump's family separation policy and use all of Congress' authority to stop it.

And worst comes to worst, at least you tried. At least you tried to do something to help. So, I beg of you, don't let Trump's America define us. Call, donate, go to a protest, do what you have to do. But, I beg of you, do something.