Megan Markle: The American Princess

Megan Markle: The American Princess

The Girlfriend's Guide to College

219
Megan Markle: The American Princess
Peter Lindbergh

This Saturday, May 19th 2018, history will be made as Meghan Markle will marry Prince Harry of Wales. It has always been a fantasy of mine to become a princess, I mean what girl doesn’t want to be a princess…but Meghan Markle marrying Prince Harry makes the famous dream become a reality. It is remarkable that the Prince of Wales—who can pretty much have any woman he wants in the world—has found an American and has fallen in love with her. What a great statement that is for our country and for American females.

More than just what Ms. Markle’s wedding dress will look like or who will be in her bridal party is at focal point here. More importantly, rather—because this marriage represents the bond between England and America— things such as the English citizenship process for Meghan or the ways in which Megan Markle will bring together The United States of America and England; this all comes to mind when thinking about this special royal wedding because Meghan Markle is the first American commoner and divorcé to be in line to marry the 6th in line for the throne of England.

Meghan Markle should be a role model for young women around the world because, she is opening doors that have previously been closed. First of all, she will be one of the only African American Princesses of Wales. Even more so, Meghan Markle is a divorcè. In past time, the queen has not blessed marriages that involve divorced partners. That being said, Ms.Markle has Queen Elizabeth’s blessing to marry the sixth in line for the throne: Prince Harry. Even more so, Meghan Markle is seen as an independent woman as she had her own career before becoming Harry’s partner.

All in all, Meghan Markle represents everything that the USA stands for: independence for women, confidence, diversity and elegance. An American marrying into the royal family is a very big deal and thus there is a lot of excitement that Americans and Brits have about this big event that binds our two countries together.