Megan Fox Deserves An Apology From Michael Bay, Jimmy Kimmel, AND America

We need to stop joking about sensitive topics.

10939
@meganfox on Instagram

An old interview with Megan Fox has gone viral, and honestly, America (and Jimmy Kimmel) owe her an apology. ASAP.

In the interview, Fox described how she was treated by Michael Bay, which included sexualizing Fox when she was only 15 years old.

And Jimmy Kimmel made light of it, joking about it saying, "Yeah, well, that's really a microcosm of how all our minds work — but some of us have the decency to repress those thoughts and pretend that they don't exist."

The audience clapped and laughed with the "joke..."

This entire situation is just unacceptable.

We can't make light of these situations, and we can't brush them under the rug like they don't exist. This event happened in 2009, that's 11 years ago, and only now are we putting the blame on Bay and Kimmel instead of Fox?

That's incredibly sick of our society to take 11 years to place the blame on the culprit and not the victim.

How quickly we forgot that Bay was at the hands of Fox's future, not the other way around. Fox's failed career after being cut from "Transformers" was largely attributed to her own sexuality or promiscuity when in reality, we should have been blaming the unfair and gross comments and actions of Bay and Kimmel, not Fox.

In light of all of that, too, Fox deserves an apology from not just Kimmel and Bay but also America.

Why do we automatically assume that the woman is in the wrong? That doesn't sit well with me. It's always the woman's fault, always. The woman has to prove she didn't "ask for it" while the man has to prove he "did it."

Fox's story should serve as a reminder and a wake-up call that society needs to stop blaming women and instead, start holding men accountable.

Because if they keep acting like this, we'll have a world full of boys without any men.