Meeting Baby Goats!

Meeting Baby Goats!

Here We Goat Again...

22
Meeting Baby Goats!
Unsplash

WARNING: this article contains a maximum cuteness overload!

Baby goats. That's what this whole spiel is about.

Yes, you heard that right, I'm writing an entire article on baby goats. I would think of something better, but I'm honestly convinced that there IS nothing better than these adorable little creatures. They're just so cute and magical, it's hard not to.

So, here we go(at)! I recently went to big old reunion party at my friend's, the Standen's, up and coming farm (I think they should name it the Out-Standen' Farm), and it was so much fun! The Standens have horses, alpacas, chickens, and best of all... baby goats! Their names were Tom and Brady, after New England's own "Greatest Of All Time" quarterback.

Now it's not like I haven't seen or fed baby goats before, but it was always at a county fair and I couldn't actually play with them or pat more than their noses. So being able to actually sit down next to them in the barn was a big deal! I got to feed them by hand, run with them around the yard, and watch them jump onto different fences or rocks. One even sat on my lap in a lawn chair... I'm tellin' you, these things are super cute! However, the absolute best goat memory I'll always cherish is when both baby goats jumped onto my shoulders and showed off their mountain goat skills. Of course, I have enough selfies with these goats to last me a lifetime!

The next step for me and my new love for baby goats, is to take a goat yoga class. Apparently they're super fun and the baby goats enjoy getting to climb around on peoples backs too! I'm sure someone out there has already come up with a genius new yoga pose with a punny goat name to go along with it. And if not, lets goat down to business in creating one! (sorry, I can't control myself with these goat puns)

I'm sure I'll be spending much more time at the Out-Standin' Farm this summer, if only to visit my new lil' goat friends. Of course, the horses, alpacas and chickens will get my attention as well, and even my friend Farmer Bill. But these absolutely lovable little goats will take up the biggest portion of my heart.

I could never do farm life, it's not for me, however, I don't think I'll be getting over the little goats anytime soon. Who knows, I may end up with a little house goat at one point or another in my life. But until then... goat yoga here I come!

I hope everyone reading this gets the chance to hang out with a baby goat at some point in their lives because it is totally worth it!