Meet Upcoming Hip-Hop Artist: FRANK MCFLY

A Brownsville Native Destined For Greatness
2

Frank McFly is an upcoming music artist, creator and philanthropist from Brownsville, Brooklyn, New York, who aspires to change the world not only through his music but also through his acts of kindness, giving back and helping others achieve their dreams. Frank has been in the music game since 2011 and is learning the ins-and-outs of the industry and displays an incredible work ethic like no other. He continues to build his brand, make great music and tour all over the 50 states in the upcoming year. Frank is an artist you definitely want to keep on your watchlist, his big break is near and you heard it here first!

What genre of music do you closely align with?

Definitely Hip-Hop and R&B Rap, not too hard-core even though I have those moments.

What inspired you to get into the music industry?

When I was younger, a lot of my family members were into music, my cousin made music, my uncle owned a radio store and when I got into high school, my cousin Sha Mula was really going hard for his music so I just got in tune with him and started going hard since then.

Where did the name Frank McFly come from?

My cousin gave me the name back in 2006 and I stuck with it since then.

What producers or artist do you plan on working with in the future?

Right now I'm trying to build my own home team, similar to what Drake did and other artists who are top in the game. I'm looking to collaborate and build with people who are trying to grow together. Right now we do all of our own photo-shoots and videos, even though we collaborate with people most of our projects are done in-house so we can build a strong enough buzz around our own team. People who want to work with us don't have to be from New York necessarily, they can be from anywhere as long as they're consistent.

How was your experience being on tour?

The touring experience is awesome; my main goal is to try to stay on tour. Right now I'm working on being on tour for the whole year of 2017. Touring can be tiring as well and you have to know how to control yourself because you can get caught up very easily. I remember one night I had sprained my knee and that's when I knew I had to chill, haha. We don't get much sleep being on the road either because we're driving ourselves so we can't really turn-up or anything especially if I'm the one driving. It's all about pacing yourself with everything you do, even when it comes to performing I know I can't do too much because I don't want to mess up my voice for the next day.

How has your relationship with Sadé Emoni impacted your career?

It's motivating, but the only thing that's hard is trying to balance our schedules because she may have a show one day and I may be on tour so it's all about finding a common ground somewhere in our schedules but it's definitely motivating like I mentioned before. We both do the same thing and we both understand the life of being an artist. When she tells me about all the great things she's done and new opportunities that are coming up for her that pushes me to stay on my grind as well.

Do you plan on leaving New York to venture out to Los Angeles or Miami permanently?

Those places are cool but I wouldn't want to move out there permanently because I like how New York is set up. I do want to venture out but I want to do each state piece by piece. My focus is to have a strong base here in New York before I permanently move my talents elsewhere. A lot of people that give me advice told me that when performing in other states they get more love when they come back to New York because they see the hustle and the grind and I respect that 100%.

Do you have plans if you end up making it big in the next couple of years?

Of course, I have a thousand plans. My main reason for doing music is to change the world, including non-profit projects and so much more. My next project is for the females and it'll be called "Know Your Worth," so it's for the females who get abused, who mess with the Clown-Gods that they know they shouldn't be messing with, second chances and etc., that next project will be all for the ladies. I've been doing mentoring with kids and that is something I definitely want to continue doing when I make it big. All of my new songs from here on out will have no profanity; I want to make sure my music can be listened to by all people of all ages without the use of curse words.

Words of wisdom from Frank Mcfly…

One of my favorite quotes is, "It's not our abilities that show who we truly are, it's our choices" for example you have the choice to study for your test or go out and party, or you have the choice to sell drugs or get two jobs, so the choices we make are really important and that's why I love that quote. My second favorite quote is, "Your talent is God's gift to you, what you do with it is your gift back to God". My goal is to use the talent he has given me and not only bless the people around me but that would be my gift back to God.