McDonald's Shamrock Shakes Are The Best Worst Nightmare Ever

Have no fear, the minty March beverage is here!
29

Tired of hearing about politics? Yeah, me too. Instead, let’s think about how McDonald's is going to be selling Shamrock Shakes for an extended amount of time before St. Patrick’s Day this year! They will be available starting on Tuesday, February 7th! Wait, there’s more! This addicting drink will be accompanied by four new awesome choices. McDonald's has added the following drinks to the menu: Chocolate Shamrock Shake, Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe, Shamrock Hot Chocolate, and the Shamrock Mocha. Hooray!

I cannot wait! I am the type of person who enjoys dunking my french fries in my shakes. If you think I’m weird, don’t knock it until you try it! The shamrock shake is really delicious and if you have never had one, do yourself a favor and go get one!

I will warn you, though: this shake is very addicting, so do not go crazy. One beverage contains 470 calories! Yikes! In the words of country singer Danielle Peck, “These are just some things that I love that are bad for me.”

I am sorry if I ruined the great news for you, but I am going to try to cheer you up now.

There are many things in life that are good in moderation and according to a psychology professor of mine, we should not deny our bodies of our cravings. Have some dessert! We need to satisfy ourselves. I know you are now thinking that I am crazy. However, if you do not satisfy your craving on day one, by day five you will give in and go crazy. So it makes more sense to satisfy your cravings right away.

Being active will also help you. Maybe take the stairs the day you have one of these beverages.

As a broke college student, I won’t be trying all of the new beverages, but I’d love to hear what you guys think about them! Let me know!