5 Matte Liquid Lipsticks That Are Actually Comfortable

Ain't nobody got time for cracked lipstick.

269
Direct Expose

Liquid lipsticks have been on trend for a while now, and it seems like every brand has come out with their own line. Not only is the number of options available overwhelming, but a lot of them are SUPER drying. Many have made lip prep a part of their routine to accommodate for liquid lipstick formulas, but busy girls like me don’t have time for that.

So, here’s my list of liquid lipsticks that are easy to apply, won’t cling onto dry patches, and are long wearing for all my fellow makeup lovers who don’t have time for high maintenance liquid lippies.

** Always apply a lip balm before applying any matte lipstick, especially liquid! Also, I prefer thicker, mousy formulas in liquid lipsticks over thin ones, as I find them more hydrating and comfortable. All the lipsticks mentioned below are transfer proof and aren’t tacky once they dry down.

1. Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme

Let’s start with a gorgeous, and better yet, affordable option. These are pretty creamy, as the name suggests, and I feel like that helps the lipstick glide on. They smell like vanilla cake and don't settle into your lip lines once dry. The colors are opaque, long wearing, and fade evenly throughout the day. They also have a line of metallic matte liquid lippies that are phenomenal if you’re extra like me. Overall it’s a beautiful collection, and you can find them online or at your local drugstores!

2. Tarteiest Lip Paints

This is one of the longest wearing and liquid lipsticks I have. I can eat something as oily as fried chicken with this and my lipstick will still look like it’s there (though it will definitely fade). I also love the shape of the applicator, since it has a nice “chair-like” curve that makes it super easy to glide product on your lip and also perfect the edges with. The shade range is awesome and ranges from nudes to more vampy, bold reds and purple tones, which are right up my alley!

3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks

The colors in this range are unique, which is what i love about it. This range has bright reds/oranges, sultry browns, and stunning vampy shades that never apply patchy or streaky. This lipstick’s formula is very mousy and will take a minute or so to try down, so keep that in mind. I love how long wearing, bold, and comfortable these feel on my lips, and I would buy more if they weren’t $20/each. They’ve never cracked on my lips or bunched up after drying. If you’re looking for a good quality lipstick and want to splurge, then I highly recommend these.

4. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick

Never underestimate the power of house brands! This collection is super long wearing, opaque, and comfortable just like the rest of the lipsticks. I adore the variety of shades and undertones Sephora offers for these lipsticks, and I can definitely see these working for a variety of different skin tones and styles. This formula is also creamy as the name suggests, but it will definitely dry matte!

5. The Balm Cosmetics Meet Matt(e) Hughes

Can we first take a moment to appreciate how cute the packaging and branding is? Besides that, the quality of these are amazing. The shade range is similar to the Tarte Lip Paints, but with a mousy formula. They smell like mint chocolate and feel very nice on the lips and dry without cracking or settling into lip lines. They also layer beautifully without bunching up or looking patchy, which is a huge plus if you need to reapply after eating!