What exactly is streetwear? It's one of those things where you know what it is but you can't really put it to words. It can definitely be described as casual as a white t-shirt, sweatpants, or a sweatshirt but it can definitely be as sophisticated as a leather bomber or silk button up, it just all depends on how you where it and how you cary yourself with these things on.Over the past few years, streetwear has really taken on a life of it's own and it has become another genre of fashion. It's definitely crossed over from being more underground and exclusive with brands like Supreme and Bape, to the upper echelon of the design world thanks to designers like Virgil Abloh, Alexander Wang, Demna Gvasalia, and my personal favorite, Riccardo Tisci, the creative director of Givenchy. These designers have added streetwear elements to the very uptight and sometimes boring world of high fashion and it's changed people's view on what exactly can be considered high fashion. They're designing casual and hip clothing and it's attracting the younger generation more to the fashion world which I think is exactly what the fashion world needs. Streetwear reminds you of being "young",rugged,and relaxed, and one thing about these designers is that they are all just that. Their designs really echo those three adjectives. For example, Givenchy's men's Spring/Summer 15' collection. That collection really opened my eyes to the beauty of streetwear and how far you can take it. The collection was mostly black and white and it incorporated a black and white floral print on most of it's clothing. The collection also included these doc marten like boots that added a grunge affect to the show as well. There were a variety of rain jackets, bombers, sheer button-ups. All in all, streetwear is everywhere right now and it will continue to expand because of it's wide range of what can be considered "street". Streetwear gives you room to really experiment with your style and personalize it to make "you" as well. Streetwear is the new wave fashion, and it's the market celebrities like Kanye and Rihanna, designers, and the younger generation are trying to get their hand on.