Mastering Celebrity Street Style May be Easier Than You Think

Ever look at photos of celebs on their weekend errands to Whole Foods and wonder, 'How do they still look like a million bucks?' Keep reading to get a breakdown of the weekend outfits of the rich and famous and how you can achieve this look with pieces you probably already have in your closet!

57
YouTube

I've been a huge fan of celebrity weekend looks for a long time simply because they are cool, classy, and easily achievable. Chances are, you probably already have the key pieces of celeb-inspired street style sitting in your closet! In this article, I'm going to introduce you to a few key trends and elements of the laid-back look and show you how you can achieve and rock it any day of the week. Enjoy!

Neutral Tops

Let's start from the top- literally. A key thing to note in the street-style trend is that in almost every look, celebs opt for a neutral-colored top. Most of the time, the tops are a gray, white or cream, and they fit loosely around their perfectly-toned frames but sometimes we see celebs mixing it up with a tight black or navy top. Depending on the location or the season, the materials of these tops can vary from a thin cotton to a heavy knit sweater.

The best part about these simple neutral tops is that you probably already have a few in your wardrobe and, if you don't, they're not too pricey to buy. Some crush-worthy neutrals that won't break your bank are this peplum tee ($26.40), the Bell Sleeve Tie Front Top ($49), the Lush Lace Trim Camisole ($20.98), or the Halogen Poplin Hem Off the Shoulder Sweatshirt ($59) for those colder days.

Denim in Distress

Another staple in the casual look is light-wash and distressed denim in every style from skinny, to short, to boyfriend. I am a huge fan of ripped denim already because I like the feel and the look. The great thing about jeans with tears in just the right places is that the holes really break up the look of the pant so its not quite as monotone.

Granted, some distressed denim looks like Jack the Ripper got a hold of them and went too crazy- but overall I think that these styles can be tasteful and styled to give an edginess to your weekend look or even for a night out outfit. Above, you can see how celebs pair their neutral tops with light-wash and distressed jeans of all cuts and pair them with shoes that complement the color scheme of the denim, usually with a white, cream, or brown.

One thing that ties the celebrity weekend look together is that many choose the colors of their accessories by pairing them with the accent colors of their denim. For example, if the stitching or buttons on a pair of jeans is that leathery brown color, a celebrity stylist may opt for shoes that match or complement that color and a handbag that stays in that color scheme.

If the distressed part of the denim is a white or cream color, cream and tan accessories are the go-to. The prices celebs pay for denim truly blows my mind but you can achieve this look without buying $300+ jeans. If you don't already have a pair of boyfriend jeans or distressed denim, check out these Articles of Society Karen Ripped Crop Skinny Jeans ($40.80), BP Ripped Ankle Skinny Jeans ($59.00), STS Blue Denim Cuffed Shorts ($44), or jeans from Nordstrom, Abercrombie, or Hollister.

Pumps and Heeled Booties

Now for the effortless task of walking in heels everywhere- even if you're just wearing a tee and jeans. A staple of celebrity street style is the playful pump or a nice heeled bootie depending on the season. Notice how many of the celebrities above choose a statement color or pattern to give their outfit an extra pop. If you don't want to stick to a neutral shoe, pick a fun printed or pastel shoe that elevates the fun and flirty essence of your weekend look.

It's hard to go wrong with a pair of eye-catching pumps! If walking around in heels isn't your thing, opt for a nice chunky heel or wedge sandal. These styles are much easier to walk in and tend to be more comfortable than a classic heeled style. Heeled booties or boot wedges are perfect for fall and winter as well but don't be afraid to play with these styles in warmer weather, especially if you have a boot style with cool cut-outs.

It's also not uncommon for celebs to wear a pair of Adidas sneaks or flat sandals with these looks, so choosing to stay away from the heels won't really sabotage your look. The key to rocking heels or any shoe is to own it! Strut and be confident in your step no matter the shoe you're in and you'll be sure to turn heads.

For shoes, I like to shop at Nordstrom because they have a huge variety of styles for a wide price-range and they are awesome with returns and exchanges. They carry a lot of small and large sizes which is important for me because I usually wear a 5 - a 5.5. Because I need smaller sizes, I tend to order a lot of my shoes, but if they don't fit quite right- no problem. Nordstrom offers free shipping on everything and hassle-free returns and exchanges at any time! So check them out at Nordstrom.com

Beige Sweater

And finally, my personal favorite clothing item, the beige sweater. A cozy top layer will add dimension to your outfit while also keeping you warm in fall and winter. I love a good tan-toned sweater or jacket because it complements many of my fall shoes and goes with just about any outfit. I had one that I wore throughout high school until it began to unravel! I guarantee you'll be able to find numerous ways and places to wear a neutral sweater like this and love it as much as I do.

Check out either Nordstrom or Abercrombie to find a beige sweater that makes you feel warm and fuzzy if you don't already have one in your closet.

And there you have it...

Now you can start putting together a crush-worthy casual outfit inspired by celebrity street styles without breaking the bank! I hope that this article showed you some wardrobe staples that you can use to elevate and amplify your weekend look and that you learned that you don't need a million bucks to look like it. Now get out there and rock this look!