The Familiar Mask That We Choose To Unsee, To See Again

We cannot grow if we do not get hurt at one point or another.

146

We are constantly letting people into our lives, whether we like it or not. The difficulty in doing so is repeating patterns from the past and incorporating those types of figures into our lives who may be toxic in the present and future. We seek this familiar aspect of our lives and want it due to being comfortable with the elements that we've seen over time. This could be both a positive and negative aspect of the way that we live and communicate. At times it feels as if this is amazing and the best thing to happen at the moment, and at others, you're in immediate denial as to a positive outcome.

As humans we get hurt, we feel everything and every emotion that may come our way. Once we become happy or hopeful, we begin to love again and feel these emotions to the extent. We let people in continuously and allow for ourselves to be immersed in environments which make us vulnerable and excited. It's a scary and frightening sight to not know what someone will say back to you or communicate as you state your feelings and allow yourself to be fully immersed in the relationship. As we all know it's life, and we need to take the good with the bad in order to get the best.

There's a mask, we do our bests to cover the not so great qualities we see in a person, to discover the absolute best ones in general. This is a difficult task, as someone could do so much wrong but you are still so amazed by the person they are and what they mean to you. Others may judge you for being close to that person and define you by the qualities they uphold within their conversations and ties with people. This can cause conflicts within your own life as well as with others that are upset with the fact that you choose to be around that person.

Is it worth it, we ask? Yes, it is worth it to surround yourself with a diverse amount of people who bring different personalities and qualities into your life. Times get hard and arguments occur with those that you love and care about, but that's how we grow and progress within our lives. The start of a new relationship may be a fall or a dip in another one, and those changes can be a lot for one person to digest. Taking the good with the bad is so crucial in life itself and letting life in is the biggest step you could take. Once you let life in, the possibilities are endless and your dreams and aspirations could actually come true.

We hurt, we struggle but we succeed in the areas of life that we are passionate about. It's okay to be passionate and care for those that you love and to give your absolute one hundred percent into every situation that you encounter. So, take your past experiences, and allow for yourself to feel everything in the present and future. Life gets difficult and it becomes harder as time goes on, but always listen to your heart and be true to yourself.