10 Marvel Superheroes That Deserve Their Own Television Series

It is time for Marvel Cinematic Universe to give some other heroes their time in the limelight.

481
heyuguys

Marvel Cinematic Studios has made a name for itself ever since the release of the first Iron Man movie. However, Marvel Cinematic Studios has a stake in both television and movies. Even though the Marvel created movies around well-known heroes like Iron Man and Captain America they also created movies around lesser known heroes like Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor. On the other side of the spectrum, Marvel television series often give us more humanized characters or darker story lines. Some examples of these phenomenal shows include Agents of Shield, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones. Even more heroes are getting television series like The Punisher (getting his own Netflix series this year), Cloak and Dagger (getting a Freeform series in 2018), and The Runaways (getting a Hulu series in 2018). However, there are other Marvel heroes that should get their own television series. These are the ten Marvel heroes I believe deserve their own television series. In this list not only would I list the hero, but also some background information on the character and who I believe would be a good choice to play the role. This article will only focus on Marvel heroes the the Marvel Cinematic Universe have the rights to, so there will be no X-men, Spider-Man, or Fantastic Four related characters on this list.

1. Moon Knight

Moon Knight was a mercenary who was brought back by the Egyptian Moon God, Khonshu. Moon Knight is believed to be the knight of vengeance. He has enhanced strength, endurance, and reflexes reaching their pinnacle during a full moon. However, he also suffers from multiple personality disorder. The actor who is the best for this character would be Jake Gyllenhaal.

2. Daimon Hellstorm

Son of Satan need I say more. After Doctor Strange introducing magic to the MCU, I feel we need more magic based characters. This hero is unique because some of his enemies are his own family. His powers and abilities include being a dark magic user; Fire projection; Ability to heal others; Peak human physical capabilities. If this hero got a television show it would be similar to the show Supernatural, blending horror with family drama. A good actor for this role would be Adam Driver.

3. Blade

Also known as the Daywalker, Blade is a vampire who can walk in daylight but also hunts other vampires. Blade actually had both a movie trilogy and television show in which he was portrayed as Wesley Snipes. However, I believe it is time for Marvel to reintroduce this character. The actor I would love to see as this character would be Isaiah Mustafa.

4. Squirrel Girl

Squirrel Girl is kind of a joke in the Marvel Universe. She has the power to communicate with squirrels as well as enhance strength and agility. However, she may be arguably one of the most powerful heroes in Marvel comics. She defeated Thanos, Doctor Doom, Deadpool, and Wolverine in a fight. I see her television show leaning more on the comedic side with great action sequences. Besides, if Marvel could turn a talking tree and a trigger-happy raccoon into heroes they can make Squirrel Girl a mainstream hero. I would love to see Anna Kendrick play this character.

5. Ghost Rider

Many people took up the mantle of Ghost Rider, but my favorite one would still be the first Ghost Rider also known as Johnny Blaze. Johnny Blaze was a stunt motorcyclist who sold his soul to Mephisto to save his father from dying from cancer. Well, Mephisto did cure Johnny father's cancer just for his father to die in a motorcycle accident. Ghost Rider was played by Nicholas Cage in the Ghost Rider movies and by Robbie Reyes in Agents of Shield. I would like to see Ghost Rider on his own adventure again maybe trying to regain his soul from Mephisto. The actor I would love to play this role would be Charlie Hunnam.

6. Captain Britain

Personally, I think it is time to have a more international cast within the MCU and Captain Britain would be a good place to start. He has a large array of powers examples include flight, force fields, super strength, and so much more. Captain Britain obtains his powers from an amulet created by Merlyn. The only downside is his alter ego is Brian Braddock, brother of Betsy Braddock, also known as the X-men Psylocke. This hero would need to be postponed on when and if MCU can ever get the rights to the X-men back. When and if Captain Britain get his own show I would love to see Taron Egerton play him.

7. Hercules

The MCU has already dipped its toes in Norse Mythology so it would not be too much of a leap to go to Greek Mythology. Hercules has super strength like in his original myth, but this Hercules is more controversial. He is portrayed as a lover of drink and women as well as a lover of battle. If the MCU does decide to give Hercules a chance I can see Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson playing the character.

8. Elektra

Elektra is a ninja assassin that can really draw in a crowd. Elektra has best been portrayed by Elodie Yung in the Netflix series Daredevil. I would love if Elodie Yung continued her career as Elektra in her own Netflix series. Her character is one struggling with the line between good and evil. This would make a wonderful story line if she got her own series.

9. Mockingbird

Mockingbird was originally on the path to getting her own spinoff series after her appearance on Agents of Shield. I was upset when I heard her series was canceled. I would love if we got a continuation of her story. I hope the MCU will realize the great mistake and give this character the love and the television show she deserves. I would love if they got Adrianne Palicki to revised her role.

10. Songbird

Finishing off my list is the villain turned hero Songbird. Songbird had many powers, but her most notable power is her supersonic screams. The other reason I would love to see Songbird get her own series is due to her origins. She ran away from her alcoholic abusive father and became a wrestler. Then she became a villain and later joined the heroes. Also, this would be a great way to introduce the Thunderbolts into the MCU. The Thunderbolts are the equivalent of Suicide Squad created by DC Comics. A team composed of mostly of reformed supervillains. The actor I would love to see play Songbird would have to be Sarah Michelle Gellar.