Marvel Spider-Man Playstation Game

Marvel Spider-Man Is Playstation's Game Of The Century

Spider-Man is back at it again, but not in movie theaters.

21

September 7th, 2018. The day Playstation released Marvel Spider-Man to PS4. It is a day that will forever be remembered by Spidy friends around the world. There have been plenty of Spider-Man video games throughout the past couple of years. Some of them being extraordinary, and others not so much. Personally, my all time favorite Spider-Man game is Spider-Man 2 that came out for the PS2. I played that game nonstop when I was younger, and I'm sure others did the same. The best part about it was the fact that you could do what gamers call "free roam." This means that instead of continuing with the story mode in the game, you can walk around, explore, and mess around with the character.

The new game includes "free roam" and it is absolutely terrific.

Marvel Spider-Man allows you the swing through the streets of New York City to fight random criminals, do side missions, complete mini challenges, and much more. From the graphics, to the costumes, to the cinematic scenes, and the comedic humor, this game has it all. I have not stopped playing it since it came out. It's truly a video game that everyone needs to check out.

Now I will say that it follows NONE of the old movies. Whether you're thinking Toby McGuire, Andrew Garfield, or Tom Holland, it has nothing to do with them or their stories. Totally new, spectacular story with this version of Peter Parker. It does include MJ (Mary Jane, Peter's love interest for those who don't know) and not Gwen Stacy (another love interest). Aunt May is young, Peter is talk as heck, and Miles Morales is in it! I'm telling you this game has everything.

My favorite part? The different Spider-Man suits that you can unlock. Around the city their are different activities and challenges you can do to earn specific kinds of tokens to unlock different Spidy suits. There are over 25 different suits and they each come with their own ability. There's the original suit, Tony Stark's made suit, the homemade suit, the Iron Spider, the 2099 outfit, and tons more. You can change it whenever you want, UNLESS you are in the middle of a cinematic scene. So if you get bored with the wrestling suit, you can instantly change into the undies suit (yes that is a suit in this game).

Why should you buy this game? Well first off, it is a PS4 exclusive, so if you are an Xbox kind of kid I apologize (not really though because PS4 is better oop). Second of all, this game feels as though you are watching an animated TV show or movie. It looks THAT good. I can't take my eyes off that screen or leave my chair when I'm playing the game. It includes old villains such as Electro, Shocker, The Vulture, and new ones like Mr. Negative and the Demons. The mash up of ALL these characters in ONE game is incredible.

For those of you with an Xbox, I highly recommend getting a PS4 just for this game. Obviously there are so many more PS4 exclusives that make PS4 WAY better than Xbox (sorry not sorry), but THIS particular game is the icing on the cake for that debate. It is worth the $60, and there are going to be DLC packages coming out within the end of this year so keep on the look out for that. Join your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and get this game because you won't regret it!