Grown Women Bully Blackish Star Marsai Martin on Twitter and The Black Community Came To Protect Her

We need to address the toxicity in our own community

13
https://www.essence.com/beauty/martin-martin-muses-about-her-beauty-confidence/

This pass weekend was the 2020 BET Awards and the awards were virtual this year. Everyone was at home and were watching and tweeting about the show. Marsai Martin was a presenter and was announcing the show from her home. Grown black women on twitter commented on her blonde wig and speculated that she had veners instead of her real teeth. Marsai made two responses, one on Twitter and another on Instagram. Her clap back was classy and she made a point to highlight that we have more important things to be worried about in 2020.

She did not have to respond but she did because no one should have to endure such hate from grown adults. In a time where we should protecting and uplifting these black queens, we shouldn't be commenting on a 16 year old's hair and teeth. The black community has been guilt of imposing our own deep self hatred on themselves to other people. From black women's natural hair to toxic masculinity, black men and women act in a toxic manner about it. These women who have let the sexualization of young girls and the toxicity of judging people, not caring about what that person is going through, wrap their thinking are trying to put that onto this young woman.

This girl has accomplished so much before the age of sixteen than any of these women have. I commend her parents for raising her knowing to never let the words of people tear you down. I also commend Black Twitter for clapping back and dragging these women for bullying this young girl. Seeing people come to this girls defense shows that they see the problem we have in out own community and we need to do better. We need to protect our young ones from the self hatred people try to put on them.

We need to always uplift and protect our young black queens. They are our future and they need to know that we got them. Never let keyboard bullies make you think less of yourself. You are more than a tweet.