10 Things You Need To Know If You Are Going To The March For Life For The First Time
popular

How to prepare, everything you should bring, and what you can expect

774
www.usatoday.com

I went to the March for Life for the first time last year, and I have been excited about this year's march basically since I left last year's march. The March for Life is a pro-life march in Washington, DC. Along with the march, there is also a series of speakers in the morning. It changed my life and was hands down one of the best events I have ever attended and been a part of. If you are going this year for the first time, I would love to share some tips and information with you, so that you can make the most of the day and know some of what to expect! I understand that everyone's experience may not be the same of mine, but this is what I experienced, and some things I would have appreciated knowing before I went.

You need to dress warm.

When I say warm, I mean warm. You are going to be outside all day. Bundle up until you think you are dressed warm enough, then add a few more layers. I was not dressed warm enough on my first trip to any degree. The last thing you want is to be more focused on how cold you are than on what you are there for. I recommend a few pairs of socks, gloves, a hat, and hand and foot warmers. Thankfully, the weather is looking pretty decent for this year!

You will be walking A LOT.

You will definitely walk a few miles that day. Wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable. Eat a big, nutritious breakfast and get a good night's sleep the night before. You will need it!

There will be a ton of people there.

Last year there were 800,000 people in attendance. It is incredible to spend a day with so many people with the same beliefs and desires as you. Everyone there is beyond friendly and kind.

There may be some people there that are against you, but they are few and far between.

During my experience at the march last year, we encountered a few people who were against us. But those few people take no stance to our 800,000 and Jesus. Don't be worried.

There are a few things you don't want to forget to take with you.

I would recommend bringing:

A bottle of water

Tissues

Money

Chap stick

You are going to learn a lot.

I learned a lot, especially from the speakers, about the abortion industry, about choosing life, and about what I could do to help. There were so many important, difficult, and inspiring things said that I actually went home and re-watched all of the speeches online so that I could better comprehend things, and so that I could write down what stood out to me the most.

God is there.

The speakers fearlessly talk about Jesus and share the good news. The Holy Spirit is so present. Complete strangers show you God's love.

This will be one of the most peaceful things you will ever be a part of.

I still can't comprehend the peace that I experienced at the march. It is hard to believe that a crowd of 800,000 people in the heart of Washington, DC can be even remotely peaceful, but let me be the first to tell you that the peace that only the Lord can give is so ever present.

It will change your life.

The March for Life changed my life. I have so much more drive and desire to do my part in ending the abortion industry, inspiring others to choose life, and praying for all of the babies whose innocent lives have been taken. I am much more confident in sharing my beliefs and standing for life.

I am so glad that you are going to the march, because I just know it is going to be an amazing experience for you. See you there!