'Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again' Is The Movie Musical We Needed

It's the movie we wanted and the one we deserved.

30

If you're anything like me, you've been jamming out to the soundtrack to Mamma Mia! since the movie was released 10 years ago. And if you're a true fan through and through, you've been rocking out even longer than that with the theatrical production's soundtrack. AND, if you're an even bigger fan, you've been belting out ABBA at the top of your lungs for decades. Whatever classification of fan you are, we can all agree, the Mamma Mia! sequel is the best thing to happen in a while.

The anticipation has been real people. For 10 years, we've waited, and it has finally arrived. Now, granted most of us did not even think a sequel would happen until a couple years ago, but either way, here we go again (see what I did there).

For those of you who have been graced with the beauty and top-notch entertainment of Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, please continue reading. For those of you who have not, beware of spoilers below. Side note, you really should watch this movie.

From the second the lights dim and that music starts up, you know it's going to be a good time. The original cast is, to no surprise, is amazing yet again, with new additions (um, Cher!) perfectly blending into the story. This movie, much like the first, packs on the heart and only builds upon the characters we all know and love more. If you don't think that's possible, just wait until you see the younger versions of the cast.

Let's start with Lily James, aka live-action Cinderella, aka a goddess. She exhumes this indescribable likeability and truly embodies the lively character that Meryl Streep brought to the screen all those years ago. She makes up for Meryl's presence being somewhat absent in this film.

She is accompanied perfectly by her counterparts of Donna and the Dynamos. For me, the highlight of "Mamma Mia" has always been Donna's friends. They're so funny and bring so much life to this story.

And now on to the men. Wow. Not only are all of the young versions of the guys in this film gorgeous, but they also have beautiful singing voices that will make you melt. They all bare a resemblance to their famous counterparts and make it so enjoyable to watch.

This film repeats some songs while introducing new ABBA tunes to a whole new audience. I personally had not heard quite a few of the songs before but instantly was a fan. And don't worry, you'll still get your chance to dance and jive to "Mamma Mia" and "Dancing Queen." In fact, I encourage you to get up and dance much like this man did in my theater when I saw it.

Now, I'm not going to lie to you, this film will potentially very likely make you cry. It's inevitable. One scene, in particular, will hit you right in the feels, and truly make you appreciate your mom. And that's all I say about that. But don't worry, there are ample opportunities that will have your screaming with laughter as you sing along!

With the sequel, like the first, you might not be getting the most perfect movie ever but that's not what Mamma Mia! is for. It's not looking for Best Picture. It's looking to make you happy, to put a smile on your face, and for you to be your own Dancing Queen with your Dynamos. "Mamma Mia" strives to bring joy to movie-goers. And this film more than delivers.

So grab your backup singers, get ready to belt it and go see Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again today! It'll be the time of your life.