Malala Inspires

Malala Inspires

How one person can make a change.

630
Malala Inspires

This week I was browsing the web and came across a name that I have seen before plenty of instances but had not done much analysis on. Malala Yousafzai. This young lady at just 18 years of age has made a major impact on people all over the world. If you are not aware of her story let me briefly sum it up for you. She has been an advocate for children's rights and education since a young age, 11 to be exact, and this lead to an attack from the Taliban, nearly causing her death. After her survival, Yousafzai continued to speak up for children and education rights as well as peace and gender equality making her the youngest person to have received the Nobel Prize. Malala Yousafzai is and will continue to be an inspiration to the world. To provide some further insight on this unique name here is a list of ways Malala has inspired the world with her brave, passionate, and caring nature.

1. She has made us aware of the importance of education.
She has put an emphasis on an issue that should not be one. Children all over the world lack education. Through speeches she has inspired politicians from across the globe to focus on the importance of education for children who have no access to it due to factors such as disability, gender, financial standing, geography, and ethnicity.

2. She possesses admirable leadership skills.
She was able to encourage over three million people to sign the Malala Petition. This is directed to the United Nations and is a plea for primary education worldwide. It's unbelievable to think that one person can encourage such an immensity to sign a form.

3. She stands for women's rights but believes in gender equality.
The Malala Fund came to light because of her stand on women's rights. It aims to empower girls through education. It aims to ensure that girls all over the world receive an education since there has always been an issue with this. If men can earn an education so can women.

Her love for education has been an eye opener because education is certainly key. As Malala stands, everyone, everywhere deserves an education and the color, race, capabilities, status, and gender among other factors should not jeopardize the fact that they should be granted school entry. Her stand on peace and stability have been admirable and although it is something far fetched, with people like Malala Yousafzai we can make improvements. She has demonstrated that if you stand up for what you believe in you can achieve great lengths. One person can indeed change the world. You can be that person.