A Makeup Lover's Guide To Splurge-Worthy Sephora Products

Whether you’re a beginner or you’re advanced in the makeup scene, this is for you.

361

As a makeup enthusiast, I’ve tried a variety of makeup, skincare, perfumes, etc. from Sephora. You could call that my happy place. There are many products at Sephora that are priced reasonably with how well the product works. Of course, I’ve also tried a handful of products that are absolutely not worth the money. But, here is a list of the best Sephora products I’ve purchased that are worth the splurge for all you makeup lovers out there. Whether you’re a beginner or you’re advanced in the makeup scene, this is for you.

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial - $80

Even though this mask is extremely pricey, I promise it’ll be worth it. I was hesitant to buy it myself, but I received it as a Christmas gift. I tried it out once and loved it. You’re only supposed to use it once or twice a week because of how strong it is. You leave this mask on for 20 minutes and the next morning your skin texture and any acne will diminish greatly. It took away acne scars I’ve had for years. I highly recommend using this if you have acne/acne scars.

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Perfume - $69

Most perfumes are going to be a splurge no matter what, but I think this was the most popular scent of 2017. Everyone and their mother had this perfume. I had wanted it for the longest time and got it for Christmas. I haven’t put it down since then, I use it every day! The scent never gets old and smells so feminine and natural. I would pay a much higher price for this specific scent. YSL along with Marc Jacobs and Gucci have some of the best perfume scents.

Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream - $45

This is by far the best lotion/body cream I’ve ever used in my life. It smells heavenly, like coconuts and the beach. The bum bum cream is super thick and leaves its amazing scent on your body all day long. You do get a TON of product for the price so it will last you a long time. You probably won't have to purchase more until 8 months down the road. It doesn’t leave a greasy residue either, which is another bonus.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette - $42

I’ve used many different eyeshadow palettes over the past few years, but I’ve never come across one like the Modern Renaissance. The colors are super pigmented and easily blend-able. The color range is fantastic because it includes basic colors that everyone needs, along with some fun shades to play around with. The way these shadows were created must have been with magic, because this is the best palette I have in my collection (and I’m a huge makeup addict). I’ve never tried a bad product from Anastasia Beverly Hills.

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder - $38

Of course, there are a few drugstore "dupes" for this powder, but overall, they don’t compare to this product. The Laura Mercier setting powder leaves such a flawless finish to your makeup. You’ll look airbrushed and your makeup will stay in place all day. There isn’t really a scent to it, which is nice. It’s a finely-milled powder and leaves no flashback at all, what more could you ask for?

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - $23

The name of this product is maybe not the best, but the result of using this mascara makes up for that. I like a couple drugstore mascaras, but this is one of my top favorite mascaras ever. It makes your lashes so big, black, and long. If you want great lashes, use this mascara. It doesn’t dry up super quickly either, so you’ll get many uses. I’ve repurchased this at least twice.