Things All Makeup Addicts Know

10 Things All Makeup Addicts Know Better Than What Shade Of Nude They Wear

No matter how much time or money we spend on makeup, it's a hobby we'll never be willing to give up.

397
Girl

I can proudly say I'm a self-proclaimed makeup addict. As soon as I got to the age where I wanted to start experimenting with makeup, I completely fell in love with it. Makeup truly is an art form and a means of expression. I don't feel the need to wear makeup every day because I'm comfortable enough with myself to go out bare faced and I simply don't have the time to glam myself up daily, but I love being able to sit down and try new makeup looks or even resort to a classic look for a cute Instagram selfie.

My addiction has both its benefits and drawbacks, but I know that no matter how much time, energy, or money goes into it, I'll never stop loving or experimenting with makeup. Us makeupholics can all relate on a multitude of levels simply from having the same passion. Buying, applying, or even just looking at makeup consumes so much of our lives, so we all face similar struggles and feel the same satisfaction from our addiction.

1. Your bank account is depressingly low

Anybody who loves makeup is well aware that it's extremely expensive for literally no reason. We're constantly searching for deals in the higher end makeup stores, which rarely if ever occur. We constantly are reading reviews for drugstore makeup to find ones that actually work so that we don't need to splurge on an expensive foundation or lipstick. Even if we buy only drug store products, we buy so many that the total is an outrageous amount. Yet no matter how many deals we discover, if there's a high-end product we love or want to try, we will end up spending however much money it takes to obtain it.

2. Your YouTube recommendations are all makeup videos

I feel as though everybody who obsesses over makeup has at least one go-to YouTuber that they turn to for tips and tricks when it comes to makeup. It could be James Charles, Jeffree Star, Tati Westbrook, or any other beauty guru, but we all have at least one that we praise. Whether it be for product reviews, tutorials, or even simply for the entertainment factor, our favorite videos all surround around makeup.

3. You can't wait to try new products when they come out

Us makeup lovers are always aware of the launch dates for new products because we can't wait to get our hands on them. If it's a more pricey product, we save up whatever money we haven't already spent on makeup to buy it. We know the struggle all too well of when that palette we are so eager to start playing with sells out as soon as we go to buy it.

4. You have your go-to products that are hard to beat

Although we adore being able to try new products, we will always have our favorites that hold a special place in our heart. They never disappoint and always have people complimenting you or create the perfect post-worthy photo, so you see no reason to use anything different. These products are used up so quickly and you constantly have to replenish them.

5. You find yourself admiring or critiquing stranger's makeup

I constantly find myself in public admiring how some random girl applied a blinding highlight or managed to pull off the perfect smokey eye. I never have shame in going up to a girl in school that I've never seen before just to ask where she bought a product or how she learned how to apply it flawlessly. Oppositely, you find yourself almost horrified when you see someone that has a messy wing or mismatched foundation shade and you just wish you could go up to them and fix it.

6. It takes you way too long to get ready in the morning

The amount of time it takes us to get ready in the morning is jaw dropping to everyone who doesn't completely obsess over makeup. We take a million steps to arrive at our final look that most people have never even heard of before from contouring to baking. Our makeup routine could take multiple hours... yes, you read that correctly.

7. Your favorite stores are Ulta or Sephora

Whenever I enter a mall, the first store I look for is always Ulta or Sephora. Even if I know I'm not going to buy something, I love going in to swatch all of the new palettes or simply admire what's on display. I could spend hours on end in these stores and if I were to buy every product I wanted, I'd be spending thousands of dollars. If I'm feeling lazy and don't want to go out, shopping on their websites is almost equally as satisfying.

8. You have drawers filled with makeup

Due to our need to always try out the newest or trendiest products, we've acquired drawers and bins filled with makeup over time. Although most of it we barely if ever reach for, we cannot allow ourselves to part with it because every piece of makeup is like our child. It's consumed most of our household from our bedrooms to our bathrooms to the point that we barely have space for necessities.

9. Makeup is your form of therapy

Makeup really is art in the same way that painting and drawing is. It's a way to unleash all of your feelings or distract from what's happening in your life. Coming back from a stressful day at work or school, it's extremely therapeutic to apply some makeup for the fun of it even if you have nowhere to go. When we're feeling unattractive or not pretty like all of the other girls, applying a little lipstick or mascara can make a huge difference.

10. You have no shame when it comes to your addiction

At the end of the day, our love for makeup will never change no matter how in debt it makes us or how much space it takes up in our house. Makeup will always be our way of expression and our favorite activity and that will never change.