How to Make Money While You Sleep

9 Ways to Make Money While You Sleep

You can do your two favorite things at the same time: make money and sleep.

16

Your only income shouldn't be your day job. It's time to start making money moves so you can create passive income for yourself. Passive income is when you get paid repeatedly for something you only did once. Here are 9 simple ways you can make money while you sleep.

Invest in Real Estate

The housing market is booming right now, and you should take advantage of it. If you have money saved up and the ability to take out a mortgage on a home, you should look into investing in real estate. Look at up-and-coming neighborhoods that still offer cheap housing but are projected to increase in value. You can start with one real estate property, and over time you can acquire more. Investing in real estate is more hands-on than investing in the stock market because you own the houses or apartments and you need to take care of them. However, if you are renting out your properties you will be making a monthly income without doing much of anything.

Peer-to-Peer Lending

This type of loaning allows you to lend money to people who don't qualify for other types of loans or traditional financing. You can often getting a return 6-10% of interest from those who you're lending to. This is an easy way to make some extra cash without doing any work at all.

Write a Book

If you have expert knowledge in an area, or you are a creative mind, put it to paper and publish it. Writing a book is a lot of work, but once it's done, you can make money off it for the rest of your life. Even if your book isn't super successful, you will still get checks in the mail. And if your book is successful, you'll make a ton of money over the years from just a few months of hard work.

Rent Out a Room in Your House

Air BnB and other home sharing apps have made it incredibly easy for people to make money while they sleep if they have an extra bedroom. If you have a spare room that isn't used for anything, turn it into a room that can host guests. You can make tens of thousands of dollars each year by utilizing this extra space. All you need to do is have an Air BnB account and accept guests. Keep your home clean and welcoming so people enjoy staying with you. Once your home gets several good reviews, you can start increasing the price and make even more money.

Affiliate Marketing

Start a Blog

Blogging has become increasingly popular over the years, and it's making people filthy rich. While you may not make a fortune off of blogging, you can definitely get some residual income if you create quality content and utilize SEO (search engine optimization) tactics. If you start a blog, make sure you have a niche that you can create a ton of content on. Then, write blogs that talk about topics that people would be interested in reading. Including frequently search keywords so people can find your blogs when they search things on Google. Over time, your blog will become more popular and you can start making money passively. Companies may reach out to you to advertise on your website, or even pay you to write for your blog.

Create an Online Store

If you want to start a business that sells items, it's way easier to do it online than to open a store. Your work will be minimized, and you can make money 24/7 from purchases being made all over the world. If you want to out in effort to create your own items, you can sell them on sites like Etsy if you don't want to create your own site. Or, you can sell items that already exist and make a profit off being the middleman of these items.

Get Cash Back

You can make money back on everything you spend with websites like Ebates. You get a certain percent of cash back on the purchases you make, so you're literally making money back by doing nothing you wouldn't already be doing. You can also sign up for credit cards that offer great rewards like cash back on gas and groceries. This may seem like a small way to make money, but it can add up over time and save you a ton of money.

Invest in the Stock Market

The most popular way to make passive income is by investing in the stock market. If you're successful, you can start making a full income off your investments. You can make safe investments that almost guarantee you some sort of return. Or you can make riskier investments that you may end up losing money or, or you may make a fortune. If you're getting started in the stock market, you can hire a stockbroker to help you navigate and maximize your returns. If your stockbroker wrongs you in any way, you can sue your stockbroker and make back way more than you lost.