8 Easy Ways to Make Money in College

Don't get me wrong, college is great but it's definitely not cheap at all. There's more than having to pay for tuition in college. When it comes down to paying everything like housing and books, it can be a struggle to find more money to pay it off. Don't worry there's always options in making extra money to help out your financial needs without having to sacrifice too much time away from classes.

1. Driving job

https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-person-driving-1386649/

If you have a car and don't mind driving people around, then check out Uber or Lyft. They are always in need of drivers and it's easy to join in the driving jobs for easy and quick money. Usually, you'll work as an independent contractor and have the ability to choose your own schedule. Also, it's possible that you can pick up extra hours like during the nights or weekends to get even more cash.

2. Tutor

https://www.pexels.com/photo/adult-blur-books-close-up-261909/

Have you found a specific subject that you're excellent at? Then, turn to tutoring a younger student or even your peers. Take a look at the employment office or department head at your college and even another local school for opportunities. Also, you can sign up to become a tutor through websites like HelpHub where you can choose your own tutoring terms and rates. When you successfully started and have a happy client on deck, then you can ask them to refer you to their friends to spread and get more clients.

3. Brand Ambassadors

https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-shaking-hands-with-woman-1081228/

Many big companies seek out to people to promote their brand on campus. It's a great way to earn extra cash for those outgoing students. If you have a specific brand that you really like, then check out and see if they are looking for brand ambassadors. Make it simple to earn rewards when helping out the biggest brands. Another plus when becoming a brand ambassador is having the chance to experience with big brands where you can put it on your resume.

4. House sit/Pet sit

https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-gray-and-white-tabby-kitten-sitting-on-sofa-2194261/

Several people will pay others to stay at their house and take care of things when they are gone, out of town. Many simple tasks include gathering the mail or taking caring for their pets. Sites like Care can help you become a caregiver. It's a simple way to make money as long as you are responsible and willing to work for their terms.

5. TA (Teaching Assistance)

https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-in-black-and-white-polo-shirt-beside-writing-board-159844/

Some universities have TA positions for only graduate students but others give students in their junior or senior year the chance to take on this role. Teaching assistance's deal with students, grade papers, teach class, etc. This is a great opportunity to take and put on your resume.

6. Campus Tour Guide

https://www.pexels.com/photo/library-high-angle-photro-159775/

An easy way to make extra money in college is becoming a campus tour guide. Not only is it fun to give tours to potential incoming students, but it is a great skill to gain to be able to communicate with others. Admission offices need that extra help to promote the campus life to potential students and their families, so there's definitely opening positions. Also, it is a great way to share your experience and memories with other students who are turning a new chapter in their life.

7. Calligraphy

https://www.pexels.com/photo/person-holding-white-pen-near-white-poster-1559046/

If you know how to do calligraphy, then here's the chance to sell your handwriting. Etsy is one of the sites that's willing to buy people's art at a reasonable price. Several have to look around for certain people to write calligraphy like invitations and tags.

8. Sell Your Stuff

https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-cat-standing-on-top-of-a-book-2383122/

Find yourself with a bunch of useless items after moving out? Instead of throwing them away try selling them at a lower price than you bought them. It's a simple way to gain some money back. Textbooks are a great example for items to sell. Once you finish the course then there's no use of having the book anymore. Post them on social media like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Spread the word around and find those group chats where you can post your items for sale.