What Jobs You Can Get With Your Major

What Job You Can Get With Your College Major

Which major is best for you?

46

When you see something on Odyssey, or any online articles, it is usually making fun of the different majors or something of that sorts. What most articles/ listicles don't give you though, is a list of different majors and the careers you can pursue with these degrees. When trying to decide what major is right for you, it can be a little difficult when all the articles you find are what pizza topping fits your major. If you're at the end of your high school career, an incoming college freshmen, or an undeclared student, this listicle is meant to help you in deciding which college major interest you the most.

1. Psychology

Possible Jobs: Marriage or family therapist, Marketing specialist, Addictions counselor, Mental health counselor, Social or human services assistant, etc.

2. Criminal Justice

Possible Jobs: Paralegal, police officer, court reporter, forensic technician, detective, parole officer, dispatcher, etc.

3. Sociology

Possible Jobs: Advice worker, community development worker, family support worker, social researcher, social worker, youth worker, etc.

4. Nursing

Possible Jobs: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse, Physician's Office Nurse, Nurse Case Manager, Nursing Informatics Specialist, School Nurse, Legal Consultancy Nurse, Research Nurse, etc.

5. Music

Possible Jobs: Music therapist, Musician, Private music teacher, Secondary school teacher, Sound technician, broadcasting/film/video, etc.

6. Education

Possible Jobs: Guidance counselor, School psychologist, Career counselor, Juvenile corrections worker, Family counselor, Education consultant, Admission counselor/recruiter, Child life specialist, Teacher, etc.

7. Anthropology

Possible Jobs: Equality and diversity officer, Higher education lecturer, Human resources officer, Museum/gallery curator, Public relations officer, Social worker, UX analyst, etc.

8. Art

Possible Jobs: Illustrator, Photographer, Animator, Graphic designer, Arts administrator, Print maker, Teacher/university lecturer, etc.

9. Political Science

Possible Jobs: Policy Analyst, Legislative Assistant, Public Relations Specialist, Social Media Manager, Marketing Research Analyst, Political Consultant, Attorney, etc.

10. Business

Possible jobs: Actuarial analyst, Business adviser, Business analyst, Business development manager, Chartered management accountant, Corporate investment banker, Data analyst, Data scientist, etc.