Poetry on Odyssey: Magic Candy

Poetry on Odyssey: Magic Candy

I know it's after Halloween but here's a spoopy poem

31

Bubble, bubble

Toil and trouble

Candy so good

It will make you want double

How cute the kids look

How adorable and nice

I have a surprise for them

Just something I

Cooked up in my cauldron

It was shooting out

All kinds of sparks

And smelling all sorts

Of sweet while it simmered

I betcha it'll give

Those kids cavities

In a week!

I made them bright blues

And reds, greens, pinks, and purples too!

I wrapped each candy with care

But parents do not beware

This candy will not hurt

Your child (probably)

I don't actually know

What will happen to your

Kid if they eat it

I sort of just threw a

Bunch of ingredients together

I can't recall exactly what

I put in, maybe some ginger?

Could be eyes of... mice?

Eggs of... spiders?

There is a good chance I

Put firecrackers in there

That would explain the sparks.

If You Have A Project You Want To Grow, Crowdfunding May Be The Answer

The benefits of the crowdfunding phenomenon.

262

The idea of crowdfunding is exciting, isn't it? A small town poet can use a platform like GoFundMe or Patreon to sell their work directly to those who are looking for it. A community organizer can not only raise funds for an upcoming event, but they can also keep the funds coming in to raise money for the monthly expenses of running their group. A magazine editor can keep their readership engaged through multimedia as well as tangible perks in exchange for tiers of subscription costs.

Crowdfunding makes it so people can combine multiple engagement styles directly with target audiences for a common cause.

What really makes crowdfunding satisfying is getting monetary confirmation that what one is passionate about is supported. Money rules a lot of the world, and receiving money for creating or providing something for others is extremely fulfilling. Different than just going to work and earning a paycheck. Jobs employ workers to create or provide something that has already had a template of origination.

Crowdfunding is running one's own business of creation or providing goods without a bunch of the red tape. In fact, one could say that crowdfunding has allowed sites like Etsy to flourish. One can now make a pretty decent profit just making pins, Mickey ears, necklaces — whatever one can imagine — and get it directly in eyes of those interested. There's nothing to lose in crowdfunding, just the hour or so it may or may not take to set up the site.

Crowdfunding can also be used for temporary things like school funds, funeral funds, and recovery efforts. Need $10,000 to get through a semester at college? Have a sudden death in the family and need $5,000 to pay closing costs and unexpected expenses? Major world disaster like a hurricane or tsunami destroy an entire majorly populated area? GoFundMe is your answer. You'll most likely get twice as much funds then the goal you set.

There's now many crowdfunding sites out there. Outside of GoFundMe, the three biggies are Patreon, Indiegogo, and Kickstarter. So take your pick, make your page, and get some money!

And just in case you're wondering, yes I do have crowdfunding efforts out there for my projects! One for my personal writings, and one for my magazine.