Poem: Magic and Happiness of People

Poem: Magic and Happiness of People

I believe in the incredible goodness of man.

82
Poem: Magic and Happiness of People
Melissa Cook

I believe in the incredible goodness of man. I don't believe in getting lucky or fate, but I do believe in forever; for other people but not for myself. And I think that's okay.

I believe in magic and I bought these glasses from the back of a comic book once to help me see all the magic people had inside them, but they didn't work, at least not for me. I couldn't see anything and then one day I lost the glasses.

But even if I can't see it I believe the magic is there. Because like I've written before it's important to believe in angels without miracles. Faith and hope are the foundations I stand on, that's why I'm so clumsy.

But I can't believe in everything, so I choose to believe in the good things, but for other people, because I don't think I should have good things. I always lose them, or break them and they are never the same.

So I give people magic and I envision them with happiness. They live their lives in the sun.

So I accepted bad things, but in a way that didn't make them feel bad. I turned the lonely to creativity and the sadness to ink. And I began to realize how beautiful life can be in the dark.

But some days there aren't enough pages and I feel bad. Like somehow I'm letting the gift I gave to myself go to waste.

But then I think of others and all the nice things they had and I wonder if they can see all the magic and happiness in front of them.