MadSoul Will Host A New Drive-In Music Festival This Winter In Orlando

MadSoul Music and Arts Festival, a chance to discover your new favorite artist.

12550
S. Lankutis/Drive in Live

Once the coronavirus spread across the United States and people were forced to adapt to this new reality of living through a pandemic, music festivals and live events were put on hold. Now, however, a new way to safely experience live events during the coronavirus has been discovered, and Orlando will be holding one of its first drive-in music festivals in Winter 2020.

This new drive-in music festival will be held by MadSoul, a nonprofit music festival that donates 100 percent of its proceeds to the Osceola County Food Angels, a charity that feeds homeless kids in Osceola County, Florida. The music festival uplifts a platform for local artists, as well as out of state acts. The artists are all very diverse, ranging from hip-hop, R&B, rock or pop music.

This gives the audience a chance to experience different styles of music and introduce artists they may have never seen before.

Maxwell Frost and Niyah Lowell, two friends from Kissimmee, Florida with a passion for live events, started the nonprofit music festival in 2018. Frost has worked for Coachella for almost three years and has lots of previous stage and production work for the Bernie Sanders Campaign, March For Our Lives and the American Civil Liberties Union.

Lowell is a University of Central Florida graduate with a degree in Engineering. She has also worked on many music productions with experience as a stagehand, lighting director and circuit board tech. The new drive-in music event will be MadSoul's fourth show, and each time the event just gets bigger and bigger.

One of the most unique choices for this new Orlando drive-in music festival is the venue. MadSoul 4 will be held at Southern Hill Farms. The farm is family owned and operated and surrounded by the beautiful hills of Clermont, Florida. The live music festival will start at 4:00 p.m. and run until 8:00 p.m.

Each ticket secures a spot for a car and a grassy area next to the car. This will allow a limit of five guests per car to set up their space for the show while being socially distanced from other people. Masks are required once guests leave their private lawn area, which should only be to either use the bathroom or visit the grab-n-go bar and food truck.

Festival attendees will be required to maintain a six-feet distance from other guests when they walk to these places.

MadSoul's lineup includes Lion Babe, Mia Gladstone, Palomino Blond, Brandon Vee, Office Hours, Josh Gluck, Enso-Stranger, Tokyo Detention, with sounds by T.Couture. The four-hour show will have a live full festival main stage production during sunset.

Tickets are available for purchase here, and they range from $60-$120. MadSoul Music and Arts Drive-In Festival will be held on December 12, 2020.