You Were Made For So Much More, I Promise
Self Love

I know it doesn't always seem like it, but I PROMISE you are.

215
Katelyn McKinney

How do I get it across to you that you were made for more? I am not there with you in person, and I don't know your whole life story. But the thing is, I don't have to. I know without a shadow of a doubt, no matter where you are in life, you were made for more.

It is so easy to get caught up in doing the same things over and over again. And half the time, we don't even know why we are still doing them. Maybe it's your job. You completely hate it, and waking up every morning seems like a task. You drag your feet all while wishing you could be doing something different. I am here to tell you that YOU get to choose if you stay at that job. No one is forcing you to go to work there. If you hate your job, then quit it. Go do something that gives you joy; go pursue something that you have a burning passion for. If you want to do something else, you can make it work so that you can do it.

Choose your happiness, and stop doing things that don't make you happy. You were made to experience love and joy. You were not meant to dread every single day over a job that you, here it is, don't even HAVE to do. Yeah, you need to get paid, but you can get paid to do something else. Opportunities are endless nowadays.

Let's also say you have a bad habit, whether it be smoking, eating unhealthy, looking at your phone too much, taking too many naps, filling your mind with unhealthy things, etc. That habit does NOT define you. It is not just "something you do" and probably will never stop doing — that is completely your choice. You have the power to stop doing it and pick up a better habit.

I struggled with looking at my phone too much. Every two minutes I would check my lock screen or get on social media. When you get on social media, it is hard to make it short because you just start scrolling, and five minutes turns into 20. I noticed my bad habit and decided that it needed to stop. It took a while, but eventually, I was able to train myself to realize that I can live without my phone. Now because of that change in habit, I can do more with my life. I can read my Bible, clean up, bake something yummy and just flat out enjoy the life God gave me. I was made for more than having my face in my phone, and you were too. Whatever your bad habit is, you can change it.

Have you ever felt stuck? Like you aren't going anywhere, but it seems like everyone else is? It is because you are not allowing yourself to move. You were made for more than where you are right now. You were made to be a light, to reach others, to help others, to run that marathon, start that business, lose that weight, chase that dream and conquer the world (figuratively, not literally — then I would be supporting world domination).

You, yes YOU, were made for so much more.

Stop telling yourself that you aren't and that your life will never be any different from what it is now. That is the lamest thing I've ever heard! Go chase your dream. Go live your best life. If that means quitting your job, quit it. If that means losing 10 pounds, lose it. If that means stepping out of your comfort zone, do it. GO DO IT. I can't stress enough how much you are in control of your own life. God intended for you to live your life, so go live it. Stop watching everyone else live theirs. You were made for so much more.