10 Luxuries I'm Looking Forward To Having Time For This Winter Break

A lower anxiety level.

7
Madison Blackwell

It's almost that time of the year again where the textbooks will no longer be in my sight and the constant stress of homework and balancing a social life with school will be diminished. I'm not sure what I'll do with my free time. Maybe I'll finally finish that book I started before the semester began, or catch up on the new "Daredevil" season or start "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina," or maybe I'll just hibernate for the five weeks I'm off and only come out for food and bathroom breaks.

Only time will tell, but maybe I'll get to do at least one of these things before I go back.

1. Drinking Enough Hot Chocolate To Fill A Small Kiddie Pool.

I will be taking my Santa Claus mug and filling his (oz) body with the decadent beverage. Whether that be the original chocolatey goodness or accented with mint, peanut butter, or a brand new concoction I discovered on Pinterest.

2. Wearing Cozy Socks All. The. Time.

I have fuzzy socks with snowflakes, I have cabin socks, I have thick, sherpa-type socks, I have ones with penguins and ones with stripes. There's oranges, blues, reds, and whites. And there's even a pair of fluffy socks with toes.

3. Watching Hallmark Christmas Movies

Yep. I'm that person. Though not as bad as my mom, she records every single new one that comes on each year, and we usually have enough movies that we watch them after Christmas and well into the New Year.

4. Reading A Book

I haven't been able to read for fun since this past summer and I sorely miss it. I started a new book before school started and I was only able to read two chapters before I had to stop reading it and start reading all of the required materials for my classes.

5. Writing

This will be me during Winter Break because I have had so many ideas that I haven't been able to write about because of school. And all I want to do it get them out of my head on onto paper so I can actually do something with it.

6. Staying In Pajamas All Day Long

It's a very simple goal, and something so small that it might seem insignificant, but I can't wait for this day to come so I can be a lazy bum.

7. Sleeping Till Noon At Least One Day

One day. That's all I want. I'd even settle for 11 o'clock.

8. Snuggling My Dog Whenever I Want

I don't have that many dogs, and the one I do have doesn't want to snuggle me unless she's been left alone for a few hours and I'm the first one home. I'll take any form and it though. Whether it's a lick on the hand or having her lunge at me like she did today.

9. Spending Time With My Family

Winter Break means Christmas. And Christmas means spending time with my entire family, which is always my favorite part about the holidays.

10. Watching The Snow Fall

I know most people don't like the snow, but I love it. The way it can fall in delicate drops or in a fierce onslaught, the flakes of white always stun me with their brightness and beauty. Sticking to bare tree limbs and creating a literal winter wonderland.