LUSH Products
Wellbeing

5 LUSH Products Every College Girl Should Own

Here are my favorite LUSH haircare, soaps, and bonus hygiene products.

104
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lindzgraham/3226894654

I love LUSH products because of their "down-to-earth" fragrances. They strive to provide customers with organic ingredients and do not test on animals. This article is not sponsored, but I wish it was! These are the top 5 LUSH products every college girl should have (with an added bonus at the end):

"Maypole" Soap 3.5 oz ($6.39)

LUSH's soap is one of the first things that caught my eye. The literal blocks of soap with intricate designs and natural scents are the first on this list. "Maypole" is a must have because it smells like bubble tea. Although this product doesn't contain milk, it is a mixture of mint, coconut oil, and maple syrup from Canada. This product glides well on the skin or can be used with a loofah. This heavenly scent stays on without being harsh, earning its spot as #1 on this list.

"Mint Julips" Lip Scrub ($10.95)

I am always on a hunt for a good lip scrub. "Mint Julips" contains peppermint and jojoba oils mixed with castor sugar. The grains in this product are a balance of large and small sugar granules. The aftertaste is pleasant, leaving a cool sensation on your lips. This product is second only to my Jeffree Star Velour Lip Scrub in "Grape Soda" (This is a limited edition item!) because of its less intense exfoliation.

"H’suan Wen Hua" Hair Treatment 7.9 oz ($21.95)

Strong, healthy hair can be achieved through diet, exercise, and hair care. Creating at-home hair masks is fun, but it doesn't hurt to experiment, either! The "H'suan Wen Hua" contains ingredients such as rosemary oil, avocados, bananas, and free-range eggs. It is designed to help damaged hair or to tame the unruliness you can live without. I love this product because it made my hair feel healthier and stronger. Its scent is not overbearing and leaves you with a beautiful shine.

"Karma Komba" Shampoo Bar ($11.95)

At first, I was skeptical about owning a shampoo bar. I love this product because it lathers extremely well into your scalp. "Karma Komba" smells down-to-earth with its main ingredients being lemongrass, sweet orange, and patchouli oils. After washing and drying your hair, it leaves you with a subtle smell and feels great on hair. Don't forget to buy a tin to hold this product!

"New" Hot Oil Treatment ($10.95)

I love this product because of its amount. It can be saved today and used the next! What caught my eye about this product was its red color and spicy scent. "New" contains main ingredients like cinnamon oil, rosemary oil, peppermint leaves, and clove bud oil. The instructions for use are simple and right on the product. I would recommend storing it in a cup or bowl that you don't plan to use regularly!

My Boyfriend’s Favorite LUSH Product: "Outback Mate" Soap 3.5 oz ($6.95)

When I asked my partner why he loves this product, he simply said because it smells good. And I couldn't agree more. "Outback Mate" contains ingredients such as peppermint, eucalyptus, and lemongrass oils. It is handcrafted and resembles an ocean of blue. This product does apply blue but does not stain skin or your bathroom. I recommend keeping this product in a container to avoid color spill.

At the end of the day, we all want to smell and feel good. These products are noted for their natural and non-overbearing scents. You should test out some of these LUSH products and find what brings you the most joy. Have fun taking care of your body and stay tuned for more beauty-based content!