The Lumineers ' Sleep On The Floor'

The Lumineers ' Sleep On The Floor'

Taking A Chance On Love

129
The Lumineers ' Sleep On The Floor'
ClockSound

I love falling in love with a song. Especially if the message within the lyrics have such deep meaning. feelings and thoughts invade your mind causing a commotion between your logical self and the romantic you.

"Cause if we don't leave this town
We might never make it out
I was not born to drown
Baby come on"

The mourning of death have clouded the sky for this couple. It's no longer a happy place, they are "drowning" in their own town filled with strangers. If nothing happens now and they don't take the leap, They are going to be walking the same streets everyday.

"Forget what Father Brennan said
We were not born in sin"

Religious beliefs can have a strong hold on people. It can determine if they go with their lover crossing states or stay with that they know. What most people tend to forget is that God is love, Always choose love.

"Let your mother know you're safe
And by the time she wakes
We'll have driven through the state
We'll have driven through the night"

The decesion has been made. The more miles you out on the car the more liberated you feel. A new complicated chapter starts to unfold and all you have is your love. Nevertheless it's a trial only the strongest survive.

"Pack yourself a toothbrush dear
Pack yourself a favorite blouse"

The vibes are right and her lover is staring right into her eyes. The intimacy in that moment sparks something of what some might call madness. They leave within seconds taking a chance on themselves. Are you willing to sleep on the floor?