Is Luke P A Psychopath?

I Have Never Watched 'The Bachelorette,' But Luke P Brings Out My Inner Psychologist

This guy is crazy everyone

1223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8roXuDhMCE

The Bachelor and The Bachelorette series have never been my thing. Call me old-school, but I never found the idea of dating 10+ people at the same time as a great way to practice guarding your heart. So I never watched the series.

But oh man, despite how the show goes against every little belief I have, season 15 is my first season and I'm invested because of Luke P. Luke P is the definition of a psychopath and a narcissist and as a psychology major, it is so fascinating to watch.

Luke P is a pathological liar, an emotionally manipulative person, and has no clue as to what reality is. When he thinks it's not going to work out with Hannah he wants to flake. If a man gets in his way, he kicks them in the face and plays it off like an accident. Luke P is crazy and Hannah needs to be on the lookout.

The most interesting thing about Luke P is how manipulative he is. He will say one thing and wait to see how people react and then switch his script around to see if people will buy it that go around. For example, Luke P mentioned a few episodes back that he was having doubts about Hannah. Every other guy out there protecting Hannah was upset about this. When they confronted Luke P about this, he responds with that he never said such a thing. Really, dude, they got it on camera.

He's also emotionally manipulative. He never really truly seems to have an understanding as to what the appropriate emotional response is to any situation unless it has to do with anything sexual. After his first one on one with Hannah, when she was trying to figure things out with him it took Luke all day to figure out what exactly Hannah wanted from him even though she was clear from the very start. And he figured it out after the date was over!

Luke is too in tune with himself that he actually has no idea what is going on around him. He is always trying to weasel his way out of lies (talk about Garett calling him out the last episode - big oof), but never successfully does it because everyone but Hannah can see right through his bull.

We all ask ourselves how does Hannah not see past his rock hard abs and killer body to see the true terror he really is? It's because he is the master of manipulation and has weaponized his connection with Hannah for her to fall straight into her trap. This is not a shame on her, because in reality if she had her friends around her instead of a bunch of strange men she would have dropped like he was hot a long time ago. It's harder to catch red flags when you are not surrounded by those you trust to help show you. In the nature of The Bachelorette, this does not happen.

Luke P is an interesting guy and is on every viewer's nerves right about now. It will be interesting to see what unfolds during these weeks and the next weeks episodes and my popcorn is ready to see what this crazy man is going to do next.