Why Lukas Graham Is My Favorite Band

I Discovered My Favorite Band In Their Hometown, Thousands Of Miles Away

Lukas Graham are not just any ordinary artists. They're musical prodigies.

90

I was very excited to learn that Lukas Graham is from Denmark — but I didn't know that when I discovered them in while I was sitting in my hotel room a few years ago.

I had just checked into my fancy schmancy hotel room located in the heart of Copenhagen. After five days of endless travelling, it goes without saying that I was completely worn out. However, the thrill of being in a lavish hotel room, alone and in a foreign country, miraculously surpassed any fatigue I was feeling at the time.

I didn't even properly unpack until the second or third day. I jumped on the bed, opened my huge flat-screen TV (for no reason whatsoever), checked out the room's facilities and blasted music from my speakers. I spent the entire evening texting my friends and planning my week.

The following morning I woke up super early and began sorting through my things. I turned on the TV and began listening to English songs from a random Danish channel. After some time, they played Lukas Graham's "You're Not There." I immediately fell in love with the song (and Lukas's voice), so I Googled the song.

I downloaded it and played it on repeat for a couple of days. One night, I was chilling in the lobby with my friends when suddenly the same Lukas Graham song came on. No one seemed to care or take notice. I noticed the song right away and didn't leave the lobby until the song was over. I was in awe (as I am each time I hear any of their songs being played).

"You're Not There" is particularly poignant and special, as it's dedicated to the band's frontman, Lukas' late father. I could tell through the song how much his father means to him, and I could easily relate.

It was after leaving Europe that I came to know Lukas Graham is actually a Danish band, whereas before I had thought they were British or American.

I've given the band's frontman, Lukas Forchhammer, the name "The Male Adele." Lukas Forchammer is a Irish-Danish singer, songwriter and actor. I'm not even being dramatic when I say that all of his songs speak straight to my heart.

His lyrics are very raw and powerful, not something you hear often these days. To top it all off, he has the most incredible voice, and his bandmates complement each other very well.

Discovering Lukas Graham and falling irrevocably in love with them felt like destiny and nothing short of it. I've even created a special playlist just for them. Their songs are compatible with my every mood, and every time I play them I feel in touch with my emotions.

I'm so proud I've lived to hear their wonderful music and be tremendously blessed by it. I'm moved by their music every time and every day that I listen to it.

I know a lot about the band now, and I continue to have enormous love and respect for them. They've even created their own genre. It's called "Ghetto Pop" — how cool is that?!

I don't normally write about musicians/bands I admire, but Lukas Graham are not just any ordinary artist.

They're musical prodigies.