L&R Scents Is the Newest Candle Business That You Have To Try

It all started with a dream!

259
L&R Scents

How many of us can say that we actually made our dreams come true? I'm talking go to sleep, dream away, actually remember your dream when you wake up, and then make it a reality! Well, for Lu Figueroa, this is exactly what happened.

Lu has always been a candle lover. In fact, at least one candle is always lit in her home. She loves the way they smell. A single whiff could have you sitting by a warm fire toasting marshmallows until they're roughly burnt and gooey, or it could take to the beach on a Caribbean Island where the air may be salty, but the Piña Colada is the best kind of sweet. In addition to the smell, candles have a gentle glow about them, perfect for setting a calm and relaxing mood. With four kids, you could imagine how much relaxation time Lu would need (I'm sure all mothers out there can relate). When she realized that she spends hundreds of dollars on candles alone, her subconscious took over and delivered the message with an idea that would change everything.

One night, Lu dreamt that she was making candles and chapsticks. It must have been a vivid dream because the images remained in her mind when she awoke. Still unsure of what to do, however, Lu turned to her husband, Ray, and recited the dream to him. Ray saw the passion and determination in her eyes and he said to her, "Lu, if you believe in it, trust me, you can do it." That's all she needed to hear.

Now, they are L&R Scents, L for Lu and R for Ray. The business is certainly on the rise with soy candles becoming the new trend. Soy candles, as the name suggests, are made from soybeans. The soybeans are a renewable resource, meaning they can be grown over and over and over again (I add the extra "over" to emphasize just how great these renewable resources are)! Unlike regular paraffin wax candles, soybean wax candles don't release any toxins into the air! They also burn for a longer time than paraffin candles do, which means that not only will the candle last longer, but the scents will also be released gradually rather than with the immediate punch to the nose that paraffin candles give out. Let's recap: they are good for the environment, and they are good for you. Does it get any better?

Perhaps, it will warm your heart to know that L&R Scents has become a true family business. The two eldest daughters help pick out colors and scents such as "Warm Cinnamon Bun," "Snickerdoodle," "Coconut-Lime," "Ocean Waves," and the very creative, "Jamaican Me Crazy" (I'm betting that the girls had something to do with that one). The entire family is excited about the business and clearly shows it through their constant production of new scents that you'd never think of, but would definitely want to try. If they can bond over candles, so can you.