Loving Her Jesus

Loving Her Jesus

Making His Great Name Known

78
Loving Her Jesus
personal photo

A few months ago, Madison and I were riding in the car, out doing our usual adventuring and running around. It was a completely normal day without a doubt. Normally I'm terrible at remembering things, but I remember this like it happened this morning. She was controlling the music (as always) when she turned and said, "have you ever heard the song "Loving My Jesus" by Casting Crowns?" I'm always behind the music curve, so I told her I had not. She said "Beffy, we have to listen to it right now." And we did. (you can also listen here by clicking this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGgreTZ58g)

And I really, really listened. By the time the song was finished, I was in tears. Big alligator, puffy-eyed tears. She just looked over and said "I know, right?". This song screamed MADISON WOOD. Screamed it. We listened to it at least three more times. When it was done playing the last time, she looked me and said "Do you hear how beautiful that is? It says "the cry of my heart is to see all the ones I love loving my Jesus". That's what it's all about."

That day I had no idea that this simple conversation would be so important to me. I had no idea I would find myself driving to our favorite spots, playing this song over and over. I never thought I would be crying, but crying tears of joy because I know that Madison Wood loved her Jesus. I know that her one joy in life was to see the people she loved loving her Jesus right along with her. I know that there are so many people who love her Jesus because she told them about Him. She was given one of the hardest tests in life, but she used it in such a mighty way to show others the love of Jesus. She lived and breathed to see other people loving her Jesus.

Today as I was listening to the song again, I paid close attention to the last verse. It says

When all is said and done

When my last song's been sung

I stand face to face with the One

Who gave all for me

May all I have to show

Be all that mattered most

Making your great name known

Let this be my only legacy

Without a doubt, the greatest part of her legacy was her love for Jesus. She loved her family. She loved her friends. But her love for Jesus is what is paying off for her right now. Her love for Jesus is why my best friend is dancing up in Heaven without a single cancer cell in her body and without a worry or care. She made His great name known and she is reaping her great reward. It's so hard for those she left behind to understand it, but Madison left such a testimony of faith that I know she is so much better off and so much happier than she has ever been on this earth, All because she loved her Jesus.