Loveless in College-attle

Loveless in College-attle

Part Four: The Week of Love and Not So Bad Embarassment

184
Loveless in College-attle
daya e dodson

As Week 4: The Week of Love comes to a close I have learned a couple things.

1. When you don't have a partner to share your love with you always have your girls to back you up

2. If fail to succeed, try try, and try again

Those are the two main goals I have learned this week.

I went into this week thinking I would be super depressed seeing a bunch of couplely things and what not but in actuality, I didn't. I saw very few of it. This left a pondering question in my head. Was being single the new norm? After all these years of PDA smothered in our faces was being alone and embracing our lonesomeness finally the move?

I;m not saying I was happy to see a lot of single people alone but it was comforting to know and understand that hey you aren't the only one.

If anything this week I have felt super happy. My friends have given me enormous amounts of laughter and enjoyment. Especially through my embarrassment.

So this week a set out to see Bubbalicious boy again and advance our un-official relationship. I had everything scripted out in my head and a backup backup plan in stone in case things went sour. I also had my girl with me to help me out.

Let me just say that social anxiety is a pain in the butt. While walking up to see said guy my friend coached me through it all. However once I physically stood in front of said guy I froze and panicked. I was completely disappointed in myself.

My friend ended up doing all the talking for me and instead of her being just the friend that was there, I ended up being the friend that was just there.

Thank God for the atmosphere being noisy because at least he couldn't hear the inaudible noises I was making because I was so nervous.

Later I saw him again outside, well my friend saw him. She urged me to wave but a thought it would be weird especially if he wasn't looking but the friends surrounding him happened to look. Unfortunately he did end up looking and I'm pretty sure all he saw was me scurrying away but at least my friend got to make the eye contact for me So hypothetically the eye contact was for me. Which means I'm the rose sooooo technically that means we are the rose. Yeah, for sure.

Long story short I blew that opportunity but on the bright side he followed my finsta that has no recollection that it is actually me.

So i.e. a win win situation.

But in a nutshell Week 4 left some good memories and laughable moments that my friends are going to hang over my head forever and also experience. Crushes will forever be the death of people but hey you always need a good laugh and baby steps. Plus as a reward to myself I'm going to see Black Panther.

Two times the charm am I right?