Love Yourself, You ARE Worth It

Love Yourself, You ARE Worth It

It is no easy task, that is for sure. But it can be done.

8626
Love Yourself, You ARE Worth It
Brooke Cagle

What do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you immediately say the things you love about yourself? Or do you turn to the negative right away? When I think of the path to self-love, I think of that scene in the movie Mean Girls, where each of the girls looks in the mirror and immediately says something they hate about themselves. Everyone starts there, thinking things like “Why are my arms so scrawny?” Or “Why are my freckles so weird?” and at that moment it is hard to see a day when you will love yourself.

Just know that day will come, the road will be long and your body will never be perfect, your mind may never be at one hundred percent, and your heart will always feel residual pain. However, when you realize that those things are a part of life, and everyone feels those same things to some extent, you will learn to think more of yourself beyond the number on the scale, or the size shirt you wear. You will start to define yourself based on what you have accomplished thus far in your life, and by what your future goals are.

It is no easy task, that is for sure. But it can be done. Sit back, self-reflect, think about what you have done in your life. Whether it be in school, or work, with friends or all alone. You HAVE climbed mountains and walked by yourself across plains. You HAVE seen others fall and helped them get up. You HAVE looked a challenge in the face and said bring it on. THOSE are the moments that wake you up, see what you’re capable of, and make you realize the love you can hold for yourself.

You realize that those things mean more than your shape, size, or appearance. The body in which you were given to live is just a vessel to carry you through your accomplishments. It is something you should cherish, regardless of the imperfections. Don’t get me wrong, self-love is a constant battle you have throughout your life. However, if you can wake up every day and look in that mirror and say “I am who I am and that person is strong, successful, driven etc.” then you have done it. Yes, you will see the flaws too, and accepting them will be difficult, but there will never be a bigger accomplishment than knowing what you are worth and refusing to accept anything less.