11 Things To Love About Thanksgiving

11 Things To Love About Thanksgiving

3. It's socially acceptable to go back for seconds, or thirds...or fourths.

72
Youtube

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful holiday full of family and food. Honestly, what's not to love about Thanksgiving? In case you forgot about all the awesome perks that come along with this holiday, here are some reasons to love Thanksgiving!

1. Carbs on carbs on carbs.

Give me all the mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and pie. I want it all!

2. Turkey: The Main Event

Ok, so yes the array of carbs may be my favorite part of Thanksgiving, but how could you not love turkey?

There is plenty of food to go around, literally. So there's no shame in going in for your 4th serving of mashed potatoes and gravy. The only thing you'll feel ashamed about is NOT eating after you're full.

4. Quality family time.

No work, no school, no distractions. Just a full day dedicated to spending time with the ones you love and making memories that will last forever.

5. More than one dessert!

Our parents always told us we could only pick one dessert after we finished our meal, but on Thanksgiving, they tell us, "come on, pick another!" And I will never argue against more dessert!!

6. A day to be thankful.

We all live busy lives and sometimes we forget everything good in our lives that we are thankful for. Thanksgiving is a day we get to reflect and feel grateful for everything we have been given in our lives. You're reminded how special it is to be you!

7. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

There are few things more satisfying than watching giant floats move through the street of New York. It's a weird concept, but an awesome tradition we all share as a nation!

8. Thanksgiving day football.

Whether you're watching a game on TV or playing your own game outside, Thanksgiving football is a family event! Thanksgiving football is especially a big deal for my family because we are all huge Cowboys fans!

9. Food coma naps are what dreams are made of.

There's nothing like that feeling of exhaustion you get after eating a huge meal and being able to kick your feet up and PTFO.

10. Leftovers.

Turkey sandwiches are lunch for the next week and I am not complaining.

11. There's no bedtime on Thanksgiving.

It's not bedtime once your bellies all full from delicious food, it's shopping time! Black Friday is calling our names & who doesn't love pulling an all-nighter on Thanksgiving for the sake of a good sale?