Love Story Ends: Taylor Swift Splits from Boyfriend after 6 years

She calls it quits with Joe Alwyn

8516
The musicians have broken up after 6 years of being together and falling in love in a "safe space". According to People Magazine, "Joe has struggled with Taylor's level of fame and the attention from the public. The differences in their personalities have also become harder to ignore after years together" - which led to them growing apart.

We don't know if it was abrupt. They could've had problems for months or even longer. We don't know who broke up with whom. We don't know how Taylor feels about it. She might be devastated or she might be relieved. But does history have any indications?

A Look Back at the Superstar's High-Profile Romances? Let's take a walk down memory lane and revisit some of Swift's past romances that have inspired her chart-topping hits:

Joe Jonas (2008): Swift's first high-profile relationship was with the Jonas Brothers' heartthrob, Joe Jonas. Their brief romance ended with a now-infamous 27-second phone call, which Swift later mentioned on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Taylor Lautner (2009): Swift's relationship with Twilight star Taylor Lautner was short-lived, but the two remain friends. Fans speculate that her song "Back to December" was an apology to Lautner for their breakup.

John Mayer (2009-2010): The talented singer-songwriters had a brief romance, and Swift's emotional ballad "Dear John" is widely believed to be about Mayer. The lyrics speak of a painful and tumultuous relationship.

Jake Gyllenhaal (2010-2011): Swift's whirlwind romance with Hollywood actor Jake Gyllenhaal inspired several songs on her album "Red," including "All Too Well" and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." The couple's age difference and busy schedules reportedly led to their split.

Harry Styles (2012-2013): One Direction's Harry Styles and Swift had a highly publicized romance. The relationship inspired several tracks on her album "1989," such as "Style" and "Out of the Woods."

Calvin Harris (2015-2016): DJ and music producer Calvin Harris was Swift's longest-lasting boyfriend, with their relationship spanning over a year. The couple's amicable breakup took a turn when Harris released "This Is What You Came For," which Swift had co-written under a pseudonym.

Tom Hiddleston (2016): Swift's brief summer romance with British actor Tom Hiddleston, known as "Hiddleswift," was the subject of much tabloid fodder. The couple's whirlwind romance ended after just a few months.

It’s just hard to believe that her longest and healthiest relationship could have come to such an abrupt ending. How do you think Taylor will move forward?